Information from Lucid

Gil

Cars
Lucid Air
Does Lucid show the current released software version anywhere (website, car, app)? I can’t find it. I gather from this forum that it’s 1.2.21 (soon to be something starting with 2), but it seems like information that should be available from the horse’s mouth. (If I could trust the car always to download the current version without help from customer service, this might be moot; but experience shows that I can’t.)

Pilot Panel ---> Settings - About (top right corner)

I see the current software version in the car. When I was on 1.2.13, that’s what I saw. But the rest of the world was on 1.2.21. How would I know that?

I think you're asking where we could find a software release schedule (or at least the "latest/current release"). I have no idea and it's something I mentioned in another thread.

Software release schedules for OTA updates are, unfortunately following the lead of smart phones (where by you only know about an update if you happen to (a) look in the right place at the right time or (b) follow forums/social-media/etc. platforms and beta-testers give insight as to what is coming, otherwise you have to trust that the update is "automatic" and will take place when it should).

Tesla was the same way .. if all works well, then you get the update notification (presumably when it's available for the general public). Unfortunately, I was never sure if I was on the latest release or not.
Seems Lucid may be following the same process (i.e. made available as "sprints" are delivered) .. So, updates will be staged when data transfer is possible and then we'd be notified of a pending upgrade. Hopefully, it'll work as intended.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I can chime in and let us know if there is a repository that we can check to see what the latest, release version is.

It seems to me there’s a difference between asking for a schedule and asking for the current release. Surely the current release ought to be public information, readily available. With smart phones (etc.) you can easily find the current release. You can ask whether there’s a software upgrade available.

So far (unless I’m mistaken), a Lucid owner has no way of knowing whether the car has fallen behind. This is not a hypothetical scenario, for me.

Agree 100% .. It has been asked before in this forum .. just haven't seen an answer (as to where to find the current release) ... even a "Check for Updates" option would be nice

I think you're asking where we could find a software release schedule (or at least the "latest/current release"). I have no idea and it's something I mentioned in another thread.

Software release schedules for OTA updates are, unfortunately following the lead of smart phones (where by you only know about an update if you happen to (a) look in the right place at the right time or (b) follow forums/social-media/etc. platforms and beta-testers give insight as to what is coming, otherwise you have to trust that the update is "automatic" and will take place when it should).

Tesla was the same way .. if all works well, then you get the update notification (presumably when it's available for the general public). Unfortunately, I was never sure if I was on the latest release or not.
Seems Lucid may be following the same process (i.e. made available as "sprints" are delivered) .. So, updates will be staged when data transfer is possible and then we'd be notified of a pending upgrade. Hopefully, it'll work as intended.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I can chime in and let us know if there is a repository that we can check to see what the latest, release version is.
Reasonable request / suggestion...could be posted somewhere on a registered owners site

Created new thread to add a feature to allow us to view current, official release, and/or check for updates.

Reasonable request / suggestion...could be posted somewhere on a registered owners site
lol .. I was adding the thread at the same time

Back