Illinois $4000 EV Rebate

Overcharged

Illinois implemented a new EV Rebate program in 2022, good for $4000.

The website says the purchase has to be from a dealer licensed by the Illinois Secretary of State.

With the direct to consumer model, this is not completely clear.

Lucid sales in CA did not know.

I sent an email to the contact listed on the state website and will share what I get back.

Has anyone applied for the rebate in IL yet?

I received a quick reply below. Looks like I will have to follow up with my sales rep at the Oakbrook store.

You will need to talk to a Lucid Air representative to verify that they have a dealer license with the Illinois Secretary of State. You will note on the application that the number is required and the dealer must sign the form.

I received a quick reply below. Looks like I will have to follow up with my sales rep at the Oakbrook store.

You will need to talk to a Lucid Air representative to verify that they have a dealer license with the Illinois Secretary of State. You will note on the application that the number is required and the dealer must sign the form.
I just assumed the answer was no but let us know if you find otherwise!

Will do.

My local sales associate was nice on the phone but without follow up.

I didn't cover this IL EV Rebate topic with him. It was more about assurance that the car would be delivered before the end of 2022, and seeing about getting the GT Performance built on 19 inch wheels.

The corporate sales associate said she would ping my local guy after I told her Lucid has a reputation for customer service issues, and the guy went radio silent, not even a follow up email to establish contact info.

Illinois implemented a new EV Rebate program in 2022, good for $4000.

The website says the purchase has to be from a dealer licensed by the Illinois Secretary of State.

With the direct to consumer model, this is not completely clear.

Lucid sales in CA did not know.

I sent an email to the contact listed on the state website and will share what I get back.

Has anyone applied for the rebate in IL yet?
If it is written as retailer, Lucid qualifies. If it is written as dealer, Lucid does not qualify.

Following up to confirm I received my $4000 rebate in the mail.
In terms of process it took about two and half months from submission to receipt of payment.
I did not receive a confirmation of receipt of my submission, and was not able to track progress when I went on line a couple of weeks ago.
No questions/issues from the State either, so all good.
The only document from Lucid that I thought might be scrutinized was the page that says you are all set (i.e. the car had been paid for as it did not include mention of my name and the VIN) but that was my Regulatory background kicking.
Good luck to the folks on their Illinois rebates, it can be done!

Following up to confirm I received my $4000 rebate in the mail.
In terms of process it took about two and half months from submission to receipt of payment.
I did not receive a confirmation of receipt of my submission, and was not able to track progress when I went on line a couple of weeks ago.
No questions/issues from the State either, so all good.
The only document from Lucid that I thought might be scrutinized was the page that says you are all set (i.e. the car had been paid for as it did not include mention of my name and the VIN) but that was my Regulatory background kicking.
Good luck to the folks on their Illinois rebates, it can be done!
That’s great. California has eliminated pretty much all $$$ incentives for EV purchases, the last cut was the measly $750 California Clean Vehicle Reward earlier this year. They also sided with the PRIVATE electric utility companies to deincentivize rooftop solar. So much for being progressive.

That’s great. California has eliminated pretty much all $$$ incentives for EV purchases, the last cut was the measly $750 California Clean Vehicle Reward earlier this year. They also sided with the PRIVATE electric utility companies to deincentivize rooftop solar. So much for being progressive.
Yes, the only thing we have left in California are the carpool stickers. They only last three years. $22.

Yes, the only thing we have left in California are the carpool stickers. They only last three years. $22.
Yep. I don’t really have the opportunity to use carpool lanes that often, because they also have converted all the carpool lanes in my area to paid total lanes! Also, I am not putting a permanent sticker on my vehicle, the only way to place the sticker, so it can’t be removed is to put it on top of a film.

But San Diego is not a bad place to be. That is where my employer is. Just returned to IL after 9 days there. El Pescador Fish Market is phenomenal.

Yep. I don’t really have the opportunity to use carpool lanes that often, because they also have converted all the carpool lanes in my area to paid total lanes! Also, I am not putting a permanent sticker on my vehicle, the only way to place the sticker, so it can’t be removed is to put it on top of a film.
You can just buy a piece of PPF for under the sticker. Also, you can get the CAV fastrak which works even in those paid 'express lanes' and gives you a steep discount when using them.

I just received my IL rebate check in the mail. I submitted it in early Dec 22 so it took a little over three months. I’m reading that this current cycle is closed now due to lack of funding

I just received my IL rebate check in the mail. I submitted it in early Dec 22 so it took a little over three months. I’m reading that this current cycle is closed now due to lack of funding
Congratulations. Glad you were successful in receiving your rebate. Unfortunate that the well appears to have run dry (for now??).
Looking forward to seeing my tax return from my accountant with the Federal Credit of $7500.

Back