if anyone is looking for demo model GT's...

coma24

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Air GT, Honda S2K AP1
It appears 6-7 GT demo units became available on the Lucid ordering page within the last 7-10 days. I've seen them all drop by 1-2k since they were originally listed, too. If you are in the market for a GT and would like to get one from Lucid, this would be an opportunity, they're all in the low to upper 70's with relatively low mileage. You can get the referral credit on them, too, but not the on-site discount. My sympathies to those listing privately, the prices are still dropping.

So does this mean Lucid is finally taking trades or are these loaners for sale?

N/A. They are demo units, such as test drive cars, cars in the studio, etc. This program has been going on for a while, but it seems like a new "wave" of cars just got unloaded.

'demo units' per my original post.

Lease turn-ins are being sold in bulk through auction houses and dealerships are picking them up. That's how you see places like Da Vinci Auto in Florida with 9+ cars listed. They bought them all at once, and they're all recent lease turn-ins. The availability is just going to keep increasing, which is going to place downward pressure on pricing, as if it wasn't bad enough already.

Lease turn-ins are being sold in bulk through auction houses and dealerships are picking them up. That's how you see places like Da Vinci Auto in Florida with 9+ cars listed. They bought them all at once, and they're all recent lease turn-ins. The availability is just going to keep increasing, which is going to place downward pressure on pricing, as if it wasn't bad enough already.
Yeah, ‘demo’ somehow alluded me on the first read.

They’ve already crushed resale on these. I feel bad for OG buyers at 145K and 2 years later dealer tells them 63-65K offer.. ouch
Almost a 60% hit in 2 years way above the norm. 2 bad it’s such a GREAT car and a steal USED for GT in the 70’s

Last edited:
Coma24,
Talked with DaVinci Auto today. They have 5 Lucid Airs in their inventory. They have a 100% rating on eBay. Has anybody on this forum have any experience with them? Thanks in advance.

Coma24,
Talked with DaVinci Auto today. They have 5 Lucid Airs in their inventory. They have a 100% rating on eBay. Has anybody on this forum have any experience with them? Thanks in advance.
They buy them in bulk through Meacham Auctions (not their public-facing events) when they come off lease. They are learning more and more about the models over time, they're probably more well-versed than other dealers who might have never sold any before.

Dealers don't always have the original sticker, but instead a window sticker regenerated by a third party that can be inaccurate or incomplete, so be sure to verify the specs through other means if you can (ie, validate that a given feature or option is there yourself through video calls, pictures, etc).

Other than that, the two calls I had with them were pretty good, I had a lengthy call with a manager to better understand how they operate.

Get them on the phone, start having conversations and see what vibe you're getting in terms of their level of responsiveness.

Coma24,
Thank you the great write up on DaVinci Auto. Very help information.

….. EV market in general in luxury category is tough pill to swallow if selling. Taycan/ EQS/BMW i7 etc. Great time to be a buyer. 👍
Manheim auction (the real market barometer auction site) last few listings. Wholesale now in the 50’s GT. I don’t think there is anything in the marketplace that competes with this car at the current price point 60’s used retail for GT

IMG_0767.webp

Apologies, it might've been Manheim and I just misremembered. You have the right idea, though.

All,
Lucid contacted me yesterday about a 22 demo GT with 15K miles. Looks interesting. It is 4/22 build.

….. EV market in general in luxury category is tough pill to swallow if selling. Taycan/ EQS/BMW i7 etc. Great time to be a buyer. 👍
Manheim auction (the real market barometer auction site) last few listings. Wholesale now in the 50’s GT. I don’t think there is anything in the marketplace that competes with this car at the current price point 60’s used retail for GT

View attachment 23044

you can lease from Manheim? can you lease demos through lucid too ?

Rome138,
Lucid told me that you cannot lease a demo.
You could take a loan and sell it when you want. Often that is better than a lease.

Harik,
I do not lease cars. It does not make financial sense to me. When I buy a vehicle I finance for 48 months, but pay it off in 24 months or less then drive it for 5 to 7 years.

Back