I just canceled my order

brrich2007@gmail

New Member

Joined
Dec 13, 2025
Messages
4
Reaction score
13
Cars
Gravity
I ordered a Lucid Gravity at the Auto Electronics Show in Long Beach in June and was initially told the vehicle would be delivered in September. September came and went with no delivery. I was then told November, which also passed without the car arriving.

During this period, my sales representative was changed three times, and I ultimately found myself dealing with a fourth individual. At the same time, I began following the Lucid owner forum on the company’s website, where the feedback has been overwhelmingly negative, particularly regarding software reliability, service responsiveness, and overall ownership experience.

Given the repeated delays and growing concerns, I started researching alternative vehicles, including the Mercedes-Benz EQS SUV. Beyond Mercedes-Benz being a long-established luxury brand with a proven service infrastructure, the more I evaluated the EQS, the more uncomfortable I became with the idea of purchasing a Lucid vehicle, especially given the uncertainty around delivery and post-sale support.

On December 12th, I received a call from Adriana, a manager at the Beverly Hills office, who informed me that my vehicle would be delivered within two weeks. I explained that I was actively comparing the Lucid Gravity with the Mercedes EQS and would need approximately one month to make a fully informed decision.

I was told that if I did not take delivery immediately upon arrival, the vehicle would be placed into inventory and could not be held for me. I asked whether relationships are reciprocal, specifically, why I was expected to wait six months for delivery, yet Lucid could not wait one month to allow a customer to make a considered purchasing decision. That question was not addressed. Instead, I was told simply that “those are the rules.”

That interaction made the decision for me. I will be purchasing the Mercedes EQS, as I believe it represents a more stable product from a manufacturer with a long and successful track record in the luxury market.

From my perspective, Lucid appears to be overestimating its position in the luxury automotive space. Luxury buyers demand service, reliability, and quality more than anything else, and that expectation does not seem to be fully understood or reflected in Lucid’s customer experience.

In hindsight, I’m relieved I did not proceed further, and even more relieved that I didn’t invest in the stock. When companies show you who they are, it’s usually best to listen.
 
I ordered a Lucid Gravity at the Auto Electronics Show in Long Beach in June and was initially told the vehicle would be delivered in September. September came and went with no delivery. I was then told November, which also passed without the car arriving.

During this period, my sales representative was changed three times, and I ultimately found myself dealing with a fourth individual. At the same time, I began following the Lucid owner forum on the company’s website, where the feedback has been overwhelmingly negative, particularly regarding software reliability, service responsiveness, and overall ownership experience.

Given the repeated delays and growing concerns, I started researching alternative vehicles, including the Mercedes-Benz EQS SUV. Beyond Mercedes-Benz being a long-established luxury brand with a proven service infrastructure, the more I evaluated the EQS, the more uncomfortable I became with the idea of purchasing a Lucid vehicle, especially given the uncertainty around delivery and post-sale support.

On December 12th, I received a call from Adriana, a manager at the Beverly Hills office, who informed me that my vehicle would be delivered within two weeks. I explained that I was actively comparing the Lucid Gravity with the Mercedes EQS and would need approximately one month to make a fully informed decision.

I was told that if I did not take delivery immediately upon arrival, the vehicle would be placed into inventory and could not be held for me. I asked whether relationships are reciprocal, specifically, why I was expected to wait six months for delivery, yet Lucid could not wait one month to allow a customer to make a considered purchasing decision. That question was not addressed. Instead, I was told simply that “those are the rules.”

That interaction made the decision for me. I will be purchasing the Mercedes EQS, as I believe it represents a more stable product from a manufacturer with a long and successful track record in the luxury market.

From my perspective, Lucid appears to be overestimating its position in the luxury automotive space. Luxury buyers demand service, reliability, and quality more than anything else, and that expectation does not seem to be fully understood or reflected in Lucid’s customer experience.

In hindsight, I’m relieved I did not proceed further, and even more relieved that I didn’t invest in the stock. When companies show you who they are, it’s usually best to listen.
I can understand the frustration. Lucid's decision to release the Gravity into the market when they had to know that it wasn't ready for prime time is concerning. I understand the pressures that a startup is under to move forward no matter what. But consumers can't be expected to cut a company a lot of slack for mistreating them, especially when they're not the only game in town. I hope you enjoy your EQS. I'm curious, which EQS configuration are you planning to go for?
 
I ordered a Lucid Gravity at the Auto Electronics Show in Long Beach in June and was initially told the vehicle would be delivered in September. September came and went with no delivery. I was then told November, which also passed without the car arriving.

During this period, my sales representative was changed three times, and I ultimately found myself dealing with a fourth individual. At the same time, I began following the Lucid owner forum on the company’s website, where the feedback has been overwhelmingly negative, particularly regarding software reliability, service responsiveness, and overall ownership experience.

Given the repeated delays and growing concerns, I started researching alternative vehicles, including the Mercedes-Benz EQS SUV. Beyond Mercedes-Benz being a long-established luxury brand with a proven service infrastructure, the more I evaluated the EQS, the more uncomfortable I became with the idea of purchasing a Lucid vehicle, especially given the uncertainty around delivery and post-sale support.

On December 12th, I received a call from Adriana, a manager at the Beverly Hills office, who informed me that my vehicle would be delivered within two weeks. I explained that I was actively comparing the Lucid Gravity with the Mercedes EQS and would need approximately one month to make a fully informed decision.

I was told that if I did not take delivery immediately upon arrival, the vehicle would be placed into inventory and could not be held for me. I asked whether relationships are reciprocal, specifically, why I was expected to wait six months for delivery, yet Lucid could not wait one month to allow a customer to make a considered purchasing decision. That question was not addressed. Instead, I was told simply that “those are the rules.”

That interaction made the decision for me. I will be purchasing the Mercedes EQS, as I believe it represents a more stable product from a manufacturer with a long and successful track record in the luxury market.

From my perspective, Lucid appears to be overestimating its position in the luxury automotive space. Luxury buyers demand service, reliability, and quality more than anything else, and that expectation does not seem to be fully understood or reflected in Lucid’s customer experience.

In hindsight, I’m relieved I did not proceed further, and even more relieved that I didn’t invest in the stock. When companies show you who they are, it’s usually best to listen.
OK
 
Good luck, I hope you'll really love it.
Before switching to the Gravity, I've been driving an audi e-tron suv, and I was also thinking about switching to EQS after my Audi lease is up.

What immediately stopped me from buying it is their crappy old-looking software, and lots of creaky plastic all over interior.
Gravity is not ideal either, but it's extremely quiet, comfortable AND fun to drive.
 
You do know Mercedes paused production on their EQS line due to lack of sales…
EQS and EQE (all variants). Based on that knowledge, I wouldn’t be going anywhere near those models.
 
Each to his own.

Risk management.

My GGT is at least a lucky one so far. And it’s performance with latest OTA? Stellar.

It has the feel of coming around a tight corner seeing not only a clearing road ahead but some battered cars that didn’t make the corner so cleanly; limping a bit but getting back on the road.
 
I ordered a Lucid Gravity at the Auto Electronics Show in Long Beach in June and was initially told the vehicle would be delivered in September. September came and went with no delivery. I was then told November, which also passed without the car arriving.

During this period, my sales representative was changed three times, and I ultimately found myself dealing with a fourth individual. At the same time, I began following the Lucid owner forum on the company’s website, where the feedback has been overwhelmingly negative, particularly regarding software reliability, service responsiveness, and overall ownership experience.

Given the repeated delays and growing concerns, I started researching alternative vehicles, including the Mercedes-Benz EQS SUV. Beyond Mercedes-Benz being a long-established luxury brand with a proven service infrastructure, the more I evaluated the EQS, the more uncomfortable I became with the idea of purchasing a Lucid vehicle, especially given the uncertainty around delivery and post-sale support.

On December 12th, I received a call from Adriana, a manager at the Beverly Hills office, who informed me that my vehicle would be delivered within two weeks. I explained that I was actively comparing the Lucid Gravity with the Mercedes EQS and would need approximately one month to make a fully informed decision.

I was told that if I did not take delivery immediately upon arrival, the vehicle would be placed into inventory and could not be held for me. I asked whether relationships are reciprocal, specifically, why I was expected to wait six months for delivery, yet Lucid could not wait one month to allow a customer to make a considered purchasing decision. That question was not addressed. Instead, I was told simply that “those are the rules.”

That interaction made the decision for me. I will be purchasing the Mercedes EQS, as I believe it represents a more stable product from a manufacturer with a long and successful track record in the luxury market.

From my perspective, Lucid appears to be overestimating its position in the luxury automotive space. Luxury buyers demand service, reliability, and quality more than anything else, and that expectation does not seem to be fully understood or reflected in Lucid’s customer experience.

In hindsight, I’m relieved I did not proceed further, and even more relieved that I didn’t invest in the stock. When companies show you who they are, it’s usually best to listen.
Thank you for taking the time to report your frustration and decision, good luck with the EQS

Actively managing customer experience is absolutely crucial, Lucid (and Nick) please think carefully about this!

Despite its teething problems, i love Gravity and want Lucid to be a great success!
 
I completely understand this. From the outside looking in (I don't own a Lucid), it seems like current owners are unhappy and Lucid is not moving quickly enough to address the concerns. Fantastic products dampened by what seems like overestimating how much people can deal with on a new vehicle. I have been configurating the Gravity almost daily for the last few months waiting to press the order button and have test driven the Gravity numerous time. After seeing all of the continuous hurdles created with each software update and no real solution in sight, I've decided to not put my wife in one these.

I'll likely revisit every so often to see if things are getting better, but at this price point, the current iteration of the Gravity doesn't cut it and Lucid should be worried about a lot of would be customers walking away. The whole newer company excuse doesn't cut it. Rivian started releasing vehicles around the same time and have been able to get software and service into a tolerable position in the same time period. Still hoping Lucid succeeds as they have the right ideas, but does not seem like they are ready for primetime.

Best of luck with your EQS! A lot of negative press surrounds the Mercedes EVs, but having an accessible service network throughout the country provides some comfort. I do hear the range estimates on them is very accurate as well.
 
FWTW... I took delivery of my Air Pure AWD in August 2023, and saw many complaints about glitchiness that I never experienced. I'm now 70k miles into the best purchase I've ever made. Just two tires, cabin filters are really all I've had for maintenance. Everyone I've met in person who owns a Lucid is so pleased with their purchase... I'm just... Tired of the cranky posts about stuff that's mostly related to software updates,which resolve themselves, phone syncing issues and hamfisted door opening problems....
Again, just my opinion... I just hope Lucid owners have the same incredible experience that I've had... Warmest holiday greetings!
 
FWTW... I took delivery of my Air Pure AWD in August 2023, and saw many complaints about glitchiness that I never experienced. I'm now 70k miles into the best purchase I've ever made. Just two tires, cabin filters are really all I've had for maintenance. Everyone I've met in person who owns a Lucid is so pleased with their purchase... I'm just... Tired of the cranky posts about stuff that's mostly related to software updates,which resolve themselves, phone syncing issues and hamfisted door opening problems....
Again, just my opinion... I just hope Lucid owners have the same incredible experience that I've had... Warmest holiday greetings!
How do you have 70k miles on it and have only replaced two tires?? Idc if you drive like a grandmother that makes no sense
 
I ordered a Lucid Gravity at the Auto Electronics Show in Long Beach in June and was initially told the vehicle would be delivered in September. September came and went with no delivery. I was then told November, which also passed without the car arriving.

During this period, my sales representative was changed three times, and I ultimately found myself dealing with a fourth individual. At the same time, I began following the Lucid owner forum on the company’s website, where the feedback has been overwhelmingly negative, particularly regarding software reliability, service responsiveness, and overall ownership experience.

Given the repeated delays and growing concerns, I started researching alternative vehicles, including the Mercedes-Benz EQS SUV. Beyond Mercedes-Benz being a long-established luxury brand with a proven service infrastructure, the more I evaluated the EQS, the more uncomfortable I became with the idea of purchasing a Lucid vehicle, especially given the uncertainty around delivery and post-sale support.

On December 12th, I received a call from Adriana, a manager at the Beverly Hills office, who informed me that my vehicle would be delivered within two weeks. I explained that I was actively comparing the Lucid Gravity with the Mercedes EQS and would need approximately one month to make a fully informed decision.

I was told that if I did not take delivery immediately upon arrival, the vehicle would be placed into inventory and could not be held for me. I asked whether relationships are reciprocal, specifically, why I was expected to wait six months for delivery, yet Lucid could not wait one month to allow a customer to make a considered purchasing decision. That question was not addressed. Instead, I was told simply that “those are the rules.”

That interaction made the decision for me. I will be purchasing the Mercedes EQS, as I believe it represents a more stable product from a manufacturer with a long and successful track record in the luxury market.

From my perspective, Lucid appears to be overestimating its position in the luxury automotive space. Luxury buyers demand service, reliability, and quality more than anything else, and that expectation does not seem to be fully understood or reflected in Lucid’s customer experience.

In hindsight, I’m relieved I did not proceed further, and even more relieved that I didn’t invest in the stock. When companies show you who they are, it’s usually best to listen.
I am always puzzled by these kinds of posts. I get the ops frustration; but if I am moving on from something, why waste my time writing a book about it? It would have made sense to me if he was seeking help. Anyway good luck!
 
I ordered a Lucid Gravity at the Auto Electronics Show in Long Beach in June . . . .

In hindsight, I’m relieved I did not proceed further, and even more relieved that I didn’t invest in the stock. When companies show you who they are, it’s usually best to listen.

Early this year Lucid was confronting a crucial decision.

They had in their hands what almost every reviewer -- even the biggest naysayers -- says is the roomiest SUV with the best driving dynamics on the planet . . . and with top-tier power, structural solidity, comfort, cabin quietness, and luxury materials to boot.

They also had on their hands a car with unstable UI software that was nowhere near ready to be put in the hands of the type of customers that will be shopping for SUVs instead of the high-performance sports sedans Lucid had been producing.

So what to do? Take flak for delaying deliveries in order to get the software up to snuff? Or put the cars in customer hands, make a lot of promises about how it would all be fixed soon enough, and hope for the best?

Lucid made the wrong decision. A heavily-anticipated car that could have built on the Air's success to move the company toward the mass market as a budding big-time player has instead turned into a fiasco. Reputable car reviewers who were poised to adore the Gravity have been unable to mask their frustration and disappointment at its software and the consequent unreliability of a car for a market where reliability is among the signal virtues of a vehicle.

Will Lucid get the software fixed? Based on my four years of owning Lucid products, I think the answer is yes.

Will it ultimately matter? I'm hoping it will, but I'm not sure.

Unless they do the same thing with the mid-size Earth. In that case, I'm sure.
 
I am always puzzled by these kinds of posts. I get the ops frustration; but if I am moving on from something, why waste my time writing a book about it? It would have made sense to me if he was seeking help. Anyway good luck!
And why create an account just to write the book? I could understand if they were already active and decided to let everyone know their decision. Maybe it's therapeutic for them.
 
I am always puzzled by these kinds of posts. I get the ops frustration; but if I am moving on from something, why waste my time writing a book about it? It would have made sense to me if he was seeking help. Anyway good luck!

It might depend on how excited you were about the product. I've fallen in love with the idea of buying an upcoming car more than once in my life. It can feel kind of personal when you have to turn your back on it instead, and you might want to say something about it.

I've been there with Tesla after 10 years of owning them and now deciding I won't touch one again.
 
And why create an account just to write the book? I could understand if they were already active and decided to let everyone know their decision. Maybe it's therapeutic for them.
I didn't even notice that
 
I ordered a Lucid Gravity at the Auto Electronics Show in Long Beach in June and was initially told the vehicle would be delivered in September. September came and went with no delivery. I was then told November, which also passed without the car arriving.

During this period, my sales representative was changed three times, and I ultimately found myself dealing with a fourth individual. At the same time, I began following the Lucid owner forum on the company’s website, where the feedback has been overwhelmingly negative, particularly regarding software reliability, service responsiveness, and overall ownership experience.

Given the repeated delays and growing concerns, I started researching alternative vehicles, including the Mercedes-Benz EQS SUV. Beyond Mercedes-Benz being a long-established luxury brand with a proven service infrastructure, the more I evaluated the EQS, the more uncomfortable I became with the idea of purchasing a Lucid vehicle, especially given the uncertainty around delivery and post-sale support.

On December 12th, I received a call from Adriana, a manager at the Beverly Hills office, who informed me that my vehicle would be delivered within two weeks. I explained that I was actively comparing the Lucid Gravity with the Mercedes EQS and would need approximately one month to make a fully informed decision.

I was told that if I did not take delivery immediately upon arrival, the vehicle would be placed into inventory and could not be held for me. I asked whether relationships are reciprocal, specifically, why I was expected to wait six months for delivery, yet Lucid could not wait one month to allow a customer to make a considered purchasing decision. That question was not addressed. Instead, I was told simply that “those are the rules.”

That interaction made the decision for me. I will be purchasing the Mercedes EQS, as I believe it represents a more stable product from a manufacturer with a long and successful track record in the luxury market.

From my perspective, Lucid appears to be overestimating its position in the luxury automotive space. Luxury buyers demand service, reliability, and quality more than anything else, and that expectation does not seem to be fully understood or reflected in Lucid’s customer experience.

In hindsight, I’m relieved I did not proceed further, and even more relieved that I didn’t invest in the stock. When companies show you who they are, it’s usually best to listen.
Your concerns and actions are understandable. Lucid Gravity roll out was/is poorly execute. The "Gravity Picnic" was almost exactly a year ago! The number of fits-and-starts and the persistent problems through 2025 are concerning!

On a different point,

> Lucid's 2025 production goal is still 18,000 units? How does one reconcile Lucid's production numbers vs its actual deliveries and financial? Do all the numbersjive together?!
 
Your concerns and actions are understandable. Lucid Gravity roll out was/is poorly execute. The "Gravity Picnic" was almost exactly a year ago! The number of fits-and-starts and the persistent problems through 2025 are concerning!

On a different point,

> Lucid's 2025 production goal is still 18,000 units? How does one reconcile Lucid's production numbers vs its actual deliveries and financial? Do all the numbersjive together?!
You forget, the also sell in the Middle East. But I’m sure software will be fixed very soon.
 
Back
Top