RESOLVED How to switch back to CarPlay?

AwesoM

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
2024 Lucid Touring
DE Number
Hello All, I was waiting for 2.4.x before trying CarPlay. Finally got the update yesterday. How do you get CarPlay back on the screen if you navigate out? So if I hit GPS or even the Music shortcut. The only I have found is in the big pilot screen under music and choose CarPlay for the screen to come back on.

Any guidance appreciated.

If CarPlay is operating, you can choose the Home screen on the top display, and a CarPlay button will be present on the right side of that screen. If CarPlay isn't operating, then you have to go to Settings, Connectivity, Devices, and start it again.

If CarPlay is operating, you can choose the Home screen on the top display, and a CarPlay button will be present on the right side of that screen. If CarPlay isn't operating, then you have to go to Settings, Connectivity, Devices, and start it again.
I do see the CarPlay icon on the screen on the right while my CarPlay music is playing. But when I press it nothing happens which is why I resorted to going to music and then going to CarPlay there.

If pressing the CarPlay button does not bring up the display, then something isn't working right. I'd try a logo reset and see if that fixes it.

If pressing the CarPlay button does not bring up the display, then something isn't working right. I'd try a logo reset and see if that fixes it.
Seems I have been rebooting a lot lately. Will give it a shot.

There's also a chance that this is a problem with your phone. I once had a problem like this and had to reboot the iPhone to get it working.

If you reach out to me privately, I’m happy to jump on a phone call with you and lead you through some troubleshooting steps.

If you reach out to me privately, I’m happy to jump on a phone call with you and lead you through some troubleshooting steps.
Appreciate it. The Carplay Icon on the right screen is working now. When i switch out of carplay, if i hit the home shortcut i see car play there. Before it was there but would not respond. A reboot did the trick. I fell like I'm running Windows, when in doubt reboot...

Back