How to sell?

Moderator

New Member

Joined
Aug 4, 2024
Messages
13
Reaction score
6
Cars
‘24 Air Touring
Air DE Number
0
How do I go about selling a used ‘24 Air Touring?

Has DD Pro/stealth/glass top and the works.

The downside is there are two dings in the door from people parking and opening their door.

Is it generally best to get those fixed before selling, or just factor in the repair cost into the sale price?

And what is the best place to even go about selling a car like this, surely driving over to CarMax and having them appraise it isn’t a good idea (or even possible)?
 
Why are you selling? What will you be replacing it with?
 
Why are you selling? What will you be replacing it with?

Frankly tired of electric and would rather have one vehicle. Probably an SUV but undecided, just gathering info now as it sounds like it will be a nightmare to sell.
 
I would try this forum to sell privately if you want the best deal, but those repairs are not going to be cheap for either yourself or the new owner. Someone who is in an area with a Lucid approved collision center would be in best position to get a good result.
 
Hi
I’m in the same boat. I have a 2022 AGT mint condition with full XPEL PPF and ceramic coating. Only 15,000 miles. It has all options, loaded….

I got a lowball offer from Lucid. I’m looking to trade-in or sell so I can buy the Gravity.

I’m in Georgia, near Atlanta.
Thanks
 
There is nothing special or extra expensive about fixing door dings on a Lucid. I’d fix them first so that buyers don’t have an issue to deal with right away when they buy. Private party will surely be the best way to sell versus trade or Carvana/Carmax.

I bet a good paintless repair place would charge a couple hundred total maybe to fix a few dings depending on location.
 
I tried Carmax this past July. You will not be happy. We have a 2023 AWD Pure with DD Pro, Surround Sound Pro & about 20,000 miles. Their offer was about $36,000 on a car that retailed for $89,000.
 
I tried Carmax this past July. You will not be happy. We have a 2023 AWD Pure with DD Pro, Surround Sound Pro & about 20,000 miles. Their offer was about $36,000 on a car that retailed for $89,000.
OUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
 
I tried Carmax this past July. You will not be happy. We have a 2023 AWD Pure with DD Pro, Surround Sound Pro & about 20,000 miles. Their offer was about $36,000 on a car that retailed for $89,000.
Eh - Tesla offered me $42k for my 2022 Model S Plaid that I paid $75k for early last year, and when it was new I think MSRP was still over $120k. Depreciation is brutal on all expensive EVs, whether it’s Tesla, Lucid, or Taycan. Technology and battery advancements make them a perfect candidate for leasing because they drop like absolute rocks with no slowing down.
 
I’d like to sell my AGT in the mid 60s. Mine is only 15,000 miles, mint and loaded, plus PPF and ceramic coating.

I’m looking to upgrade to a Gravity.

I plan to take pictures tomorrow or Monday and list it here.
 
I tried Carmax this past July. You will not be happy. We have a 2023 AWD Pure with DD Pro, Surround Sound Pro & about 20,000 miles. Their offer was about $36,000 on a car that retailed for $89,000.
carmax will typically offer 15-20% less than they they think can sell it for. So add that to their offer and that’s what the market usually is.
 
One of the reasons I just decided to keep my Air instead of trading in for a Gravity. Lost more than 50%……I’ll just run this into the ground. Keeping my ICE SUV means we have a 3 car garage and an extra car always available for service/visitors/accidents.
 
One of the reasons I just decided to keep my Air instead of trading in for a Gravity. Lost more than 50%……I’ll just run this into the ground. Keeping my ICE SUV means we have a 3 car garage and an extra car always available for service/visitors/accidents.
I might do the same thing.
 
One of the reasons I just decided to keep my Air instead of trading in for a Gravity. Lost more than 50%……I’ll just run this into the ground. Keeping my ICE SUV means we have a 3 car garage and an extra car always available for service/visitors/accidents.
Exactly why I kept my Cayenne when I bought my Tesla - trade in was insulting and I love it anyway, even though I hear daily how it is dumb to keep it from certain people in my household that are not affected by it at all. 😜
 
Back
Top