How to close the door handles without closing mirrors

blueice89

Cars
Lucid 22”AGT quantum
So I go to car shows and on occasion take photos of my car. When you are taking photos what do you do about your door handles?

I want them closed I know that much. One option is to lock the car but then the mirrors fold in. I feel like I should know this but is there a way to close the door handles and not have the mirrors close in?? Thanks 🙏

Handles out , how would you close them?
IMG_7713.jpeg

Have someone sitting inside on the driver seat?

The handles don't go down unless it's in either drive or reverse as far as I know.

I noticed when I was doing the initial detail and coating of my car that if you leave the key (mobile or fob) in the vicinity of the car, after a bit the car will go to sleep, and a bit later, the handles will fold in but the mirrors will stay out. Unfortunately for your use case this is about 15-20 minutes I’m talking about, but perhaps that could work for you.

I noticed when I was doing the initial detail and coating of my car that if you leave the key (mobile or fob) in the vicinity of the car, after a bit the car will go to sleep, and a bit later, the handles will fold in but the mirrors will stay out. Unfortunately for your use case this is about 15-20 minutes I’m talking about, but perhaps that could work for you.
Okay I think this might work, so leave the key there and wait 15-20 minutes.
Is that also the usual sleep cycle? I am also seeing since i switched to manual lock, that I need to press the button to lock, if I walk away from the car, ie when I come out of the car, its still on, even though I closed the door, and the lights are on and all those whirly fans.
It was a little strange cause I left my water bottle in the car one day and walked back and the car door handles still in the open position and fans still whirling , so all that to say its like 15-20 minutes idle sleep time.

Okay I think this might work, so leave the key there and wait 15-20 minutes.
Is that also the usual sleep cycle? I am also seeing since i switched to manual lock, that I need to press the button to lock, if I walk away from the car, ie when I come out of the car, its still on, even though I closed the door, and the lights are on and all those whirly fans.
It was a little strange cause I left my water bottle in the car one day and walked back and the car door handles still in the open position and fans still whirling , so all that to say its like 15-20 minutes idle sleep time.
In my scenario, I had manually turned off the ac and seat ventilation, so that might be necessary. I’m pretty sure the general sleep time is 10 minutes, then it starts a countdown (that is somewhat loud so you can hear it from outside of the car), then the screens turn off. I still have auto lock turned on, so I can’t comment on behavior with manual lock. And sorry, I can’t remember if the sleep timer also acted the same with a door open…I think so, but I’m not 100%. Definitely no handle retract with a door open!

Back