How noticeable are SSP directional alerts

mraschko

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring; Audi Q7
After reading a few threads, I'm wondering if I got what I paid for. I ordered SSP on my AT. One of the threads I read seemed to indicate that I'd hear the turn signals differently based on the direction (like from the left for left, etc.). I just went and sat in my car, paused the audio, and tried both directions on the turn signals. I can't tell a difference. Anyone who has SSP have any suggestions on how to confirm? Are there any settings that only appear with SSP for example?

Thx!

I cannot tell the difference

I cannot tell from the turn signals, but it was pretty apparent when I received a side traffic alert recently. The sound came from the direction of where the other car was coming from.

After reading a few threads, I'm wondering if I got what I paid for. I ordered SSP on my AT. One of the threads I read seemed to indicate that I'd hear the turn signals differently based on the direction (like from the left for left, etc.). I just went and sat in my car, paused the audio, and tried both directions on the turn signals. I can't tell a difference. Anyone who has SSP have any suggestions on how to confirm? Are there any settings that only appear with SSP for example?

Thx!
Like Apollo said above the directional alerts are for alerts and not turn signal noise.

Thanks. Today, I was stopped at the end of a lane in a parking lot and a car was coming from my left. It triggered a cross traffic alert. The screen even said "from the left" but the sound was from the middle. So am I still not understanding how it's supposed to work?

Thanks. Today, I was stopped at the end of a lane in a parking lot and a car was coming from my left. It triggered a cross traffic alert. The screen even said "from the left" but the sound was from the middle. So am I still not understanding how it's supposed to work?
For me it's most noticeable when I'm reversing and it gives me a rear cross traffic or pedestrian alert.

For me it's most noticeable when I'm reversing and it gives me a rear cross traffic or pedestrian alert.
Thanks. I think I'm going to "stage" one this weekend by having my car in reverse in the drive and having my wife drive by in the street. If I'm still in doubt, I need to go back to the service center for them to polish a scratch from when I took delivery. I'll ask them to demo for me.

Back