How many miles /hr are you guys getting on your home charger?

nautchilous

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
So I charged up my Touring for the first time on my Wallbox 48 amp home charger…..The unit is connected to a 60 amp circuit….I really wanted to get the Lucid unit but the cost to upgrade to the 100 amp circuit was crazy….i am getting about 44 miles an hour…And this is getting powered by my solar panels …Not bad 😊
I am curious to know what the guys who are charging on the 100amp Lucid charger is getting?

8FA6DA69-BE37-4B99-89A8-66F23290BCC9.jpeg

They'll be charging at 80/48 of your rate, or 19.2kW instead of 11.5 kW.

So I charged up my Touring for the first time on my Wallbox 48 amp home charger…..The unit is connected to a 60 amp circuit….I really wanted to get the Lucid unit but the cost to upgrade to the 100 amp circuit was crazy….i am getting about 44 miles an hour…And this is getting powered by my solar panels …Not bad 😊
I am curious to know what the guys who are charging on the 100amp Lucid charger is getting?

View attachment 9824
Same for me with the Lucid travel charger on nema 14-50 outlet with 50A circuit breaker on Pure AWD.

View attachment 9824
44 mi/he is a monster rate. Are you charging off your batteries or during the day off the panels?

View attachment 9824
I hear you on the cost for the 100amp line. The initial quote I got from someone I found thru the Qmerit site was almost $2k. However, I found someone without Qmerit, and the accompanying vig Qmerit extorts, for just under half that. It's supposed to be installed Monday. The price includes permits & inspection, so I presume this independent vendor is competent. I'll update this on Monday & hopefully report everything works as promised. If so, and anyone is looking for an electrician in Delaware, (I'm near Lewes), I'd be happy to pass on the electrician's name & info. Given there are no, as in zero, nada, EA chargers in Delaware I presume all buyers in the state will be installing some sort of home charger.

44 mi/he is a monster rate. Are you charging off your batteries or during the day off the panels?
No batteries. I could not afford that😊. So during peak production the solar is producing about 12kwh . With the Lucid charging total consumption is about 11.7kwh ( according to Enphase monitoring app). That's with the house aircon off since it's cold now 😊.

No batteries. I could not afford that😊. So during peak production the solar is producing about 12kwh . With the Lucid charging total consumption is about 11.7kwh ( according to Enphase monitoring app). That's with the house aircon off since it's cold now 😊.
That’s great. I’m still waiting for PTO and need to figure out the best time to charge my car. My guess is that it will be off peak during the day, once my batteries are full. Better to use it to charge than export it to the grid at a reduced rate.

That’s great. I’m still waiting for PTO and need to figure out the best time to charge my car. My guess is that it will be off peak during the day, once my batteries are full. Better to use it to charge than export it to the grid at a reduced rate.
I would charge during the day and save the batteries for nightly consumption.
The sweet spot for me is about 9am - 5pm proving there is no overcast 😊
Plus I charge at work for free .

I would charge during the day and save the batteries for nightly consumption.
The sweet spot for me is about 9am - 5pm proving there is no overcast 😊
Plus I charge at work for free .
Right now, that’s definitely the most efficient use of the system for me, since I don’t have PTO yet and am in self consumption mode. Right now after my batteries are full I can only generate what I use.

I plugged in for about 10 minutes the night of delivery. I have my Electricfy America Homestation hardwired on a 50 amp breaker. Standard is 9.6 kW, I pulled 10.3 kW. I assume it's because it's hardwired and it pulled a bit more than the max

Attachments

• 20230214_234411.jpg
    20230214_234411.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 90
  • 20230214_235445.jpg
    20230214_235445.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot_20230214_234821_Electrify America.jpg
    Screenshot_20230214_234821_Electrify America.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 96

View attachment 9824
Getting the same with a ChargePoint home charger on 60 AMP circuit.

Same for me with the Lucid travel charger on nema 14-50 outlet with 50A circuit breaker on Pure AWD.
Isn't that configuration (14-50 nema with 50A breaker) supposed to be limited to 40 amps by code?
I am curious because I have the same charging configuration for my Tesla. But my car and charging cable limit the draw to 40 amps, so I don't have to worry about it.
Also, can you change your charge amps in the car charging settings? I can set it lower than 40 amps, but I just charge at the maximum.

Isn't that configuration (14-50 nema with 50A breaker) supposed to be limited to 40 amps by code?
I am curious because I have the same charging configuration for my Tesla. But my car and charging cable limit the draw to 40 amps, so I don't have to worry about it.
Also, can you change your charge amps in the car charging settings? I can set it lower than 40 amps, but I just charge at the maximum.
Mine charges at 40A limited by lucid travel chager. There is no setting needed. The wiring is ready for 60A breaker 48A if I remove the outlet and wire directly if I get a wall mounted charger.

Back