How long your 21 inch tires lasting?

blueice89

Cars
Lucid 22”AGT quantum
Just curious my model S eats tires like no other especially the rears. I believe Lucid is heavier than my S so my initial thought is eats even more tires. How long do your 21s last on Lucid before going bald?

I lost 8-10K miles on 2016 model S 85d

Attachments

• BBF9221C-EE09-4158-8B6B-B3DE0A93DD62.jpeg
    BBF9221C-EE09-4158-8B6B-B3DE0A93DD62.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 99
I think since only a few of us are at/approaching/above 10k miles, you probably have a low sample size. I had one replaced recently because of a bulge, but otherwise they seem fine. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm getting close to changing the 21s at 20-25k miles as it seems like there's not a lot of tread to slowly wear down.

I think since only a few of us are at/approaching/above 10k miles, you probably have a low sample size. I had one replaced recently because of a bulge, but otherwise they seem fine. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm getting close to changing the 21s at 20-25k miles as it seems like there's not a lot of tread to slowly wear down.
How many miles you got so far ?

Just over 9k.

I am at 8/32-9/32 of tread on the 21" wheels with about 8k miles.
Just so i understand your start pt is 11/32 right ?
So in 8k miles you use up 3/32.
Doing some rough math tired should last 20-25k miles

Just so i understand your start pt is 11/32 right ?
So in 8k miles you use up 3/32.
Doing some rough math tired should last 20-25k miles
I didn’t measure it when I got them. I should have! But I have no idea what tread tires normally arrive with.

I didn’t measure it when I got them. I should have! But I have no idea what tread tires normally arrive with.
Tread depth info is available on the tires' spec sheet from the manufacturer, and sometimes from tire rack.

I have 11,000 miles now and tires are wearing evenly and look new I'm not how much is left exactly.

If your Tesla is eating tires, get it aligned somewhere OTHER than a Tesla service center. I had the same problem consistently on my Model X until I had Firestone align it. I could barely get 15K on tires with a Tesla alignment. With a Firestone alignment, I have 15K on replacement tires and they will easily make 35k. Hint: it’s the toe setting that chews up tires on Teslas. Zero toe-in equals zero wear

Back