How hot temperature does your Lucid get?

What’s disgraceful is leaving a child in a car with the windows closed. At this point, with all the info we have, there’s just no excuse for that. It’s like taking up smoking now and claiming you didn’t think you’d get cancer.

I agree Lucid should add overheat protection as a feature. But let’s be clear where the blame is for people dying.
Oh of course I didn’t mean to imply Lucid had any culpability! My Model S has had this feature for years and I’m disappointed not to have it yet. I would think the interior of the car getting to over 130 degrees has fo be hard on the components and materials no?

Down in New Orleans yesterday outside temp about 90. That Lucid doesn’t have cabin overheat protection yet is disgraceful. If only for safety reasons-40 children die every year in the back of hot cars because their caregivers forgot they were there-that NEVER has to happen in a Lucid.

The driver still has to engage the overheat protection feature for it to work. Someone who forgets they are leaving a child in the car is not going to remember to activate the overheat protection feature to protect that child.

The driver still has to engage the overheat protection feature for it to work. Someone who forgets they are leaving a child in the car is not going to remember to activate the overheat protection feature to protect that child.
Well it’s a set it and forget it thing-always on. At least until the battery gets to 10% or so if I remember correctly.

Down in New Orleans yesterday outside temp about 90. That Lucid doesn’t have cabin overheat protection yet is disgraceful. If only for safety reasons-40 children die every year in the back of hot cars because their caregivers forgot they were there-that NEVER has to happen in a Lucid.

And I have 20% tint on all 4 windows and rear.
As @borski said above, any level of tint isn't going to stop the car inside from cooking.

Well it’s a set it and forget it thing-always on. At least until the battery gets to 10% or so if I remember correctly.

We have not used the feature in our 2021 Model S Plaid, so I'm not that familiar with it.

However, I've read that if you return to your car momentarily -- say to retrieve something -- the feature will remain active unless you start the car, at which time the feature cancels.

I would find it odd for the feature, once engaged, automatically to come on every time you use the car subsequently, as there are many situations where you might not want to use the feature but might forget to turn if off. Say, for instance, you park the car for a couple of days in an airport lot and don't want the battery to drain down too far.

Back