Horn when Locking and Unlocking

It works but I don't like the fingerprints on a black car.
Fair enough. My car is matte wrapped, so no finger print worries for me.

For those of us who have passive unlock disabled and thus have to use a rear door handle (or opening the app, or morse code on the fob) to wake the car, will we be using the driver's door handle, or also need to use the rear door handle for this? I know, I can test it myself...
I was only talking about locking/auto lock. I agree that unlocking is still a bit of a work in progress.

For those of us who have passive unlock disabled and thus have to use a rear door handle (or opening the app, or morse code on the fob) to wake the car, will we be using the driver's door handle, or also need to use the rear door handle for this? I know, I can test it myself... but rather I just want to point out that there is a major issue with the unlock support (perhaps in hw, perhaps in sw) still too... and that the engineering team really needs to work through the full decision tree and get all the paths working to reasonable owner expectations. It would seem that lock/unlock is pretty basic, and that the car does still have some issues in this area that really need to be ironed out.. I've talked with service twice on this unlock matter, as well as with CC, and I'm still waiting on action (say nothing of resolution)... sure hope it comes within the car's warranty period.
You’re not wrong at all. I do wonder if they are limited by the hardware choices they’ve made, and thus it can only get so good within the current spec. But there’s no question it could be much better, so they should work on it. My guess is that they know they can make it better, and it’s just a matter of time and priorities.

The horn does not honk when locking and unlocking the vehicle with the key fob. After exiting the vehicle, if the key fob is pressed once, the vehicle will lock, and the horn will not honk. The second time it is pressed, after a second or so, the horn will honk.
I'm not sure why I had to scroll so far down to see this.

I've never heard my car honk when locking with the mobile key. Only with the fob and clicking it after it's already locked. So I don't understand your dilemma @dmike67

Back