Horn sounds weird

DrM

New Member

Joined
Jan 25, 2024
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
So I’ve recently noticed that my horn actually sounds different from what a normal Lucid Air horn should sound like. I made sure by comparing it with another Lucid Air, and it actually sounded more high-pitched for some reason. Does anyone have or have had this issue before, and is there a fix for it?
 
Bumping this...mine just did the same thing a few days ago...any solutions? @DrM
 
For what it's worth, I noticed a change in tone on my first Lucid horn and the tech replaced it due to a defect.
 
Worth an ask of a tech to take a look. I think they have two tone horns which may actually be two separate horns. Maybe one of your died too
 
For what it's worth, I noticed a change in tone on my first Lucid horn and the tech replaced it due to a defect.
Did Lucid charge you for the replacement of the horn? I'm being asked to sign an estimate because if the tech finds "water damage" in the horn, then I'll be expected to pay 4 hours of labor+parts. The car is currently inside the mfr. warranty. This was a bit of a shocker for me and wondering if you had the same experience. Please share the service summary if you wouldnt mind so I have some backup. Please DM it to me if you dont mind. Thanks!!
 
Did Lucid charge you for the replacement of the horn? I'm being asked to sign an estimate because if the tech finds "water damage" in the horn, then I'll be expected to pay 4 hours of labor+parts. The car is currently inside the mfr. warranty. This was a bit of a shocker for me and wondering if you had the same experience. Please share the service summary if you wouldnt mind so I have some backup. Please DM it to me if you dont mind. Thanks!!
There was no mention of charging when i submitted the request or when I picked up the car. Here's the record from the service visit.



service record.webp
 
There was no mention of charging when i submitted the request or when I picked up the car. Here's the record from the service visit.



View attachment 33985
Thanks! Very much...But the Houston Lucid service didn't budge and it was either sign the agreement or no service. I did get assurance that the service manager will check himself and send photos of water damage. And if it is water damage somehow I'm paying. This still doesn't make sense. And this incident today was my straw on the camels back...I looked back at all the times I've stood by Lucid through all the updates and service issues...but now I'm done. No more Lucid for me or family...just too many nagging issues...I love the car and really want to love the brand..but I drove 400 miles today without a horn...and I had a WTF moment where a truck was about to hit me while changing lanes..and...no horn. Anyway ..sad day for me...but goodbye lucid..no buying again. I'm so so disappointed in typing that...I've been such a cheerleader but today silently..my mind and heart changed away from LUCID....selling my stock first chance I get...
 
Thanks! Very much...But the Houston Lucid service didn't budge and it was either sign the agreement or no service. I did get assurance that the service manager will check himself and send photos of water damage. And if it is water damage somehow I'm paying. This still doesn't make sense. And this incident today was my straw on the camels back...I looked back at all the times I've stood by Lucid through all the updates and service issues...but now I'm done. No more Lucid for me or family...just too many nagging issues...I love the car and really want to love the brand..but I drove 400 miles today without a horn...and I had a WTF moment where a truck was about to hit me while changing lanes..and...no horn. Anyway ..sad day for me...but goodbye lucid..no buying again. I'm so so disappointed in typing that...I've been such a cheerleader but today silently..my mind and heart changed away from LUCID....selling my stock first chance I get...
A water damaged horn huh.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20251108-000430.webp
    Screenshot_20251108-000430.webp
    41.7 KB · Views: 106
Email from service attached...quite unbelievable but here it is..
Crazy! Not even sure what "water damage" you could attribute to the user. As if someone would disassemble the car and pour water on the horn... Seems like the only way for water to damage is a design defect or to submerge the car. Sorry to hear about your bad service experience, maybe there's someone on the forums you can escalate too. I know employees come by occasionally.
 
Crazy! Not even sure what "water damage" you could attribute to the user. As if someone would disassemble the car and pour water on the horn... Seems like the only way for water to damage is a design defect or to submerge the car. Sorry to hear about your bad service experience, maybe there's someone on the forums you can escalate too. I know employees come by occasionally.
I know of Lucid employees here I could tag...But I'm just so done with being nickel and dimed and exhausted with Lucid..I just don't care anymore...I presented the same logic to the manager but he was basically telling me..take it or leave it and let us know if we should cancel the appointment...since I make highway trips often..I wanted the horn fixed..
 
Back
Top