Hopeful NC noob

baowaodao

Reaction score
Hi all, wanted to introduce myself. Looking at used 2023 AGT. Flying to test drive this weekend. Hopefully everything goes smooth. If anyone has any tips on buying second hand or what to look for let me know. Dealer is already reaching out to seller to see if they can get the service history. Any tips welcome!

@baowaodao Good luck. I'm in NC as well, Raleigh more precisely. This is stale as my Dream Edition is more than two years old, but this is the checklist compiled from other members that were super helpful to me. I couldn't find the link, so pasting below:

• Check some accent parts, reports of hybrid matte and polished finishes vs. all of one or the other
  • Homelink Instructions
  • Alexa voice command training needed?
  • Navigation Set Up - Set Upper Nav Screen to 3D and lower to 2D
  • Check Surround View for Parking Assistance
  • Check Both Front Seats Heat and Cool Ventilation
  • Check Seatbelt Retraction and Height Adjustment - All Seats
  • Check Air Vents Adjustability
  • Check Windshield Wipers - Proper Seating and Operation
  • Trunk rubber gaskets
  • Trunk alignment and clearance at bottom – Sharp Edges? Marks?
  • Rear door seals
  • Open/Close “Frunk” multiple times to ensure smooth operation using Fob and from inside the car
  • Adjust the Side Bolsters all the way in and all the way out to see if any “popping” noise
  • Massage Seats – Try the Deep Setting on Level 1, 2, and 3 to see if any difference?
  • Setting up Profiles for Key Fob and Mobile Key
  • Mobile Key setup on Lucid App
  • Facial Recognition Profile Setup
  • Key Card vs Key Fob vs Mobile App (iPhone) for Locking/Unlocking (all on person)
  • Make sure all door handles respond to pushing/pulling
  • Approaching with paired mobile key causes vehicle to unlock (various angles).
  • Unlock vehicle with non-paired key and make sure it recognizes main driver's face
  • Window shades operation fully functional
  • Instructions for Hard and Soft Resets
  • Reboot sequences: power the car down and back up to check screen loading because some cars are in service for a couple days to replace a faulty module
  • License Plate attachment – proper screws and tightness
  • PPF and Ceramic Coating – What does Detail Shop need -Key fob or Key card?
  • Setting Up Lucid App and proper charging procedure with EA
  • Siri Shortcuts on Lucid App
  • Bluetooth operation for Apple Music and books on tape (not “Audible” app)
  • Quality of Glass and Carpets? Scratches on paint or glass?
  • How to Remove and Replace Aero Covers on Wheels?
  • Full Test Drive with Rep before leaving Center – Use Alexa And Navigation To Find Nearby EA Charging Station and “Top Off” – Any unusual fan squeal noise?
  • Order Lucid Home Charger Unit
  • Owner’s Manual Hard Copy?
  • When will Apple CarPlay be available?
  • Confirm your front windshield has the “open” corner for fastrak transponder etc. it seems v hard to confirm visually when the Temporary license is stuck on the windshield in the exact
  • Check the doors don’t interfere with each other when opening. The gaps looked great, but my passenger rear door hit the front door when it was opened
  • Walk through the reboot & mechanical door opening (though I guess it has been talked about here). A few here in the Bay Area have had doors say they are open etc when they weren’t. This has required reboot and using the mechanical door opener

Congrats, good luck with the drive! In terms of common issues with the vehicle, listen for any creaks when you're turning the steering wheel, particularly under spirited driving where you might exert more torsional load on the wheel through the turns. Also listen for creaking from the back deck where it meets the window. Looks for any hairline cracks in the rear window. Check charger port door alignment when it's in motion to ensure it's not rubbing against the chasis and leaving a streak, and also ensure it's properly flush.

+1 to the trunk/frunk alignment/rigging.

It's all fixable, but helpful to know in advance what you're getting.

Check the software version, if it's EARLIER than 2.1.43, you'll need to have a Service Center manually update it to 2.1.47, after which OTA updates can be applied to make it current (they'll likely do ALL the updates to make it current in any case).

Pay attention to how the car handles and how versatile it is. The whole package is pretty astounding if you're looking for a well rounded performance vehicle with range, comfort, cargo space and a great interior. If you're aren't smiling big time after the drive and dying to drive it again, something is amiss.

@baowaodao Good luck. I'm in NC as well, Raleigh more precisely. This is stale as my Dream Edition is more than two years old, but this is the checklist compiled from other members that were super helpful to me. I couldn't find the link, so pasting below:

• Check some accent parts, reports of hybrid matte and polished finishes vs. all of one or the other
  • Homelink Instructions
  • Alexa voice command training needed?
  • Navigation Set Up - Set Upper Nav Screen to 3D and lower to 2D
  • Check Surround View for Parking Assistance
  • Check Both Front Seats Heat and Cool Ventilation
  • Check Seatbelt Retraction and Height Adjustment - All Seats
  • Check Air Vents Adjustability
  • Check Windshield Wipers - Proper Seating and Operation
  • Trunk rubber gaskets
  • Trunk alignment and clearance at bottom – Sharp Edges? Marks?
  • Rear door seals
  • Open/Close “Frunk” multiple times to ensure smooth operation using Fob and from inside the car
  • Adjust the Side Bolsters all the way in and all the way out to see if any “popping” noise
  • Massage Seats – Try the Deep Setting on Level 1, 2, and 3 to see if any difference?
  • Setting up Profiles for Key Fob and Mobile Key
  • Mobile Key setup on Lucid App
  • Facial Recognition Profile Setup
  • Key Card vs Key Fob vs Mobile App (iPhone) for Locking/Unlocking (all on person)
  • Make sure all door handles respond to pushing/pulling
  • Approaching with paired mobile key causes vehicle to unlock (various angles).
  • Unlock vehicle with non-paired key and make sure it recognizes main driver's face
  • Window shades operation fully functional
  • Instructions for Hard and Soft Resets
  • Reboot sequences: power the car down and back up to check screen loading because some cars are in service for a couple days to replace a faulty module
  • License Plate attachment – proper screws and tightness
  • PPF and Ceramic Coating – What does Detail Shop need -Key fob or Key card?
  • Setting Up Lucid App and proper charging procedure with EA
  • Siri Shortcuts on Lucid App
  • Bluetooth operation for Apple Music and books on tape (not “Audible” app)
  • Quality of Glass and Carpets? Scratches on paint or glass?
  • How to Remove and Replace Aero Covers on Wheels?
  • Full Test Drive with Rep before leaving Center – Use Alexa And Navigation To Find Nearby EA Charging Station and “Top Off” – Any unusual fan squeal noise?
  • Order Lucid Home Charger Unit
  • Owner’s Manual Hard Copy?
  • When will Apple CarPlay be available?
  • Confirm your front windshield has the “open” corner for fastrak transponder etc. it seems v hard to confirm visually when the Temporary license is stuck on the windshield in the exact
  • Check the doors don’t interfere with each other when opening. The gaps looked great, but my passenger rear door hit the front door when it was opened
  • Walk through the reboot & mechanical door opening (though I guess it has been talked about here). A few here in the Bay Area have had doors say they are open etc when they weren’t. This has required reboot and using the mechanical door opener
Awesome, I'm in Raleigh area as well. If I buy I might reach out in the future. May have seen you driving around I've seen 3-4 in the area. Thanks for the reply!

Congrats, good luck with the drive! In terms of common issues with the vehicle, listen for any creaks when you're turning the steering wheel, particularly under spirited driving where you might exert more torsional load on the wheel through the turns. Also listen for creaking from the back deck where it meets the window. Looks for any hairline cracks in the rear window. Check charger port door alignment when it's in motion to ensure it's not rubbing against the chasis and leaving a streak, and also ensure it's properly flush.

+1 to the trunk/frunk alignment/rigging.

It's all fixable, but helpful to know in advance what you're getting.

Check the software version, if it's EARLIER than 2.1.43, you'll need to have a Service Center manually update it to 2.1.47, after which OTA updates can be applied to make it current (they'll likely do ALL the updates to make it current in any case).

Pay attention to how the car handles and how versatile it is. The whole package is pretty astounding if you're looking for a well rounded performance vehicle with range, comfort, cargo space and a great interior. If you're aren't smiling big time after the drive and dying to drive it again, something is amiss.
Thank you very much for the reply. This is crazy helpful!

Also, when surveying the market, consider the Lucid Motors store for demo models that are on sale. Right around the time I was finishing up my 3rd party transaction, a bunch of GT demos became available (prior to that, it was just a couple of Pures and two Tourings). Don't sleep on those, the pricing is reasonable (non-negotiable), you can use a referral code to get a published discount, you get a thorough pre-purchase inspection, and you end up with a vehicle with a known history (if you consider demo drives to be a good history, I suppose that's up for debate, but at least it's been in Lucid's hands the whole time, presumably). The purchase process with them can be vague and frustrating, though, depending on who you are assigned. Allow for some time if you go that route.

Whether you purchase from Lucid or 3rd party, the warranty/service will be the same (heard this directly from the GM at KOP as I wanted to make an educated decision as to which way to go after my attempt to purchase a '23 Touring demo from Lucid failed in spectacular fashion on several fronts).

Back