Home Charger Installation

I have four, but that’s not actually the point. If you don’t have power you can’t talk to the grid to send them power. That connection is severed. If you don’t have battery backup, you also don’t have solar, as excess solar has nowhere to go, so you’re still out of power.

With both batteries and solar, when a blackout occurs, you are effectively “off grid.” As soon as power is restored, you can then contribute back to the grid.

With only solar, if your power goes out, so do your panels.

Good explanation here: https://www.solaria.com/blog/solar-power-outage
As the article points out, having a battery back-up even for a grid-tied solar system would allow you to maintain your home's (and Air's?) critical loads for the duration of your solar battery capacity. So I think the real message needs to be to properly understand the ramifications of your solar system's architecture. As long as your can switch your solar system off from the grid your batteries should be able to function during a blackout. It sounds as though the future Lucid V2H bidirectional charging capabilities will function in a similar manner.

As the article points out, having a battery back-up even for a grid-tied solar system would allow you to maintain your home's (and Air's?) critical loads for the duration of your solar battery capacity. So I think the real message needs to be to properly understand the ramifications of your solar system's architecture. As long as your can switch your solar system off from the grid your batteries should be able to function during a blackout. It sounds as though the future Lucid V2H bidirectional charging capabilities will function in a similar manner.
It’s been 4 month since I initially ordered a solar panel system with battery. They told me couldn’t deliver because of supply chain issue with battery. I have to wait for few more months. There goes my 4% Fed tax credit dissipation. Either Bidirectional or solar power wall, everything is delayed this year. Now hearing more China lockdown due to Covid cases rising, it looks like 2023 is another 2022 supply chain constraint repeat.

On Cyber Monday ordered JuiceBox 40 - approved by my utility for rebate on installation And by NJ for rebate on purchase. Bought a whole house generator after Sandy struck NJ shore and electric was down a week or so. and do not need bi-directional capacity. Getting ready for my Air Pure. As far as my Pure order, I told my DA they need not worry about a red bow if deleting it would help them deliver mine by 12/31.

Back