Hold mode - brake pedal kick

rfc805

Reaction score
Referral Code
I6UNAIIF
Is this something that needs calibration, or does this happen to everyone? If I put the car in "stop mode: hold", when you come to a stop (or you're creeping), the brake pedal kicks back similar to how ABS behaves. Also pretty noisy as the brakes grab/release constantly while creeping.

The pedal thing seems like something that could/should maybe be calibrated.

Kind of wished there was a mode more similar to what I had in the Taycan, which is roll mode, unless you press the pedal all the way and then it engages hold. Probably a solution to this problem where the actuator that's handling the pedal hold if you try to threshold it makes it kick back like this.

Is this something that needs calibration, or does this happen to everyone? If I put the car in "stop mode: hold", when you come to a stop (or you're creeping), the brake pedal kicks back similar to how ABS behaves. Also pretty noisy as the brakes grab/release constantly while creeping.

The pedal thing seems like something that could/should maybe be calibrated.

Kind of wished there was a mode more similar to what I had in the Taycan, which is roll mode, unless you press the pedal all the way and then it engages hold. Probably a solution to this problem where the actuator that's handling the pedal hold if you try to threshold it makes it kick back like this.
I haven’t played it with yet but have you tried the stop mode roll and creep toggle under vehicle settings?

I have hold as well and it physically moves the break pedal. I have learned to give a small nudge on the accelerator before deeper press to take off but it still makes that ABS type noise as breaks are being released.

This is normal behavior. You’ll get used to it but if you’re coming from something like Tesla, it does feel a little weird at first.

I haven’t played it with yet but have you tried the stop mode roll and creep toggle under vehicle settings?

I have hold as well and it physically moves the break pedal. I have learned to give a small nudge on the accelerator before deeper press to take off but it still makes that ABS type noise as breaks are being released.
Yeah, if you put it in roll it doesn't do this. When in stop mode, I'm guessing there's an actuator on the pedal, and right as you reach a stop, the pedal kicks out from your foot a bit. It ends up feeling a bit like ABS.

It seems like it's just slightly mis-calibrated, and needs to engage slightly lower in the pedal travel so that it holds instead of adding braking. I'm guessing it's just very hard to figure out how to get that position right especially as the brakes wear over time, or even just different temperatures.

It wouldn't be so off-putting except it feels a lot like ABS engagement, and my muscle memory is to try to avoid that. But yeah, also the noise isn't pleasant if you're creeping along in traffic or just up to a parking stop, etc.

It's certainly not the worst, but it's something that could be better for sure. I saw one review who thought it was engine cogging - but, it's definitely the brakes being engaged.

Back