Highway driving, traffic

ShadowYU

I am debating between Lucid and a Jaguar F-pace. I know, they are quite different but I like them both for the fact that they look good and are fast. My use case is primarily highway driving from East Bay into San Francisco. There will be a lot of traffic, a lot of curves, and desire to go somewhat fast. Couple questions:

1. Does Lucid handle well on highways, weaving in and out of traffic?
2. Does Lucid feel very big when driving? I went to a Lucid studio yesterday, and for the first time the car just seemed really big. The dimensions are the same as 1998 Buick Regal (which I drove in early 2000s and felt like it was a boat).

Thoughts?

I am debating between Lucid and a Jaguar F-pace. I know, they are quite different but I like them both for the fact that they look good and are fast. My use case is primarily highway driving from East Bay into San Francisco. There will be a lot of traffic, a lot of curves, and desire to go somewhat fast. Couple questions:

1. Does Lucid handle well on highways, weaving in and out of traffic?
2. Does Lucid feel very big when driving? I went to a Lucid studio yesterday, and for the first time the car just seemed really big. The dimensions are the same as 1998 Buick Regal (which I drove in early 2000s and felt like it was a boat).

Thoughts?
1. handles exceptionally well

2. It is a medium big car. Does it feel big when driving. That is a very subjective question. Test drive to decide.

1. Yes. It handles well on highways. It is at its best increasing speed on the highways.
2. Coming from a Model S, which is the same size, it feels like a much smaller car and handles like a smaller car. It also doesn't have that boat suspension.

1. Yes. It handles well on highways. It is at its best increasing speed on the highways.
2. Coming from a Model S, which is the same size, it feels like a much smaller car and handles like a smaller car. It also doesn't have that boat suspension.
Very interesting to hear. I have never driven Model S, though I drive a 3 every day. The Air didn’t feel bigger than my 3 when driving, just heavier. Despite actually being larger. And it was smoother over the bumps, but I agree. Nothing boat-like about it, even in smooth mode.

The F-Pace feels claustrophobic to me, but I am used to a full-size SUV. The Lucid does not feel or drive like a "boat" and it's a lot faster than the F-Pace especially accelerating while already at highway speed, 65 to 80ish. The F-Pace probably has better software, for now. Yeah, I had to get that dig in!

The F-Pace feels claustrophobic to me, but I am used to a full-size SUV. The Lucid does not feel or drive like a "boat" and it's a lot faster than the F-Pace especially accelerating while already at highway speed, 65 to 80ish. The F-Pace probably has better software, for now. Yeah, I had to get that dig in!
Will you be doing “stand up” at the Fulshear Shell Station soon? 😊

• Haha
Reactions: NPN
Sorry, couldn't resist the did about software. It's just so frustrating that my DE drives very well but the software is a daily irritant. My son got a new Model X Plaid. It drives much better than I expected, better than my Lucid. I just don't like Tesla interiors.

Sorry, couldn't resist the did about software. It's just so frustrating that my DE drives very well but the software is a daily irritant. My son got a new Model X Plaid. It drives much better than I expected, better than my Lucid. I just don't like Tesla interiors.
Drives better how? I have a 2019 Raven X that I’d say drives “fine” but I was hoping the Air would be much better.

Drives better how? I have a 2019 Raven X that I’d say drives “fine” but I was hoping the Air would be much better.
I think that the drive train dynamics are much smoother and refined. There are suspension and steering adjustments and there is no motor whine. There are plenty of people that disagree with my assessment but it's how I feel about it. I would not want a Telsa and love the interior of my Lucid, but it could be a lot better, and I am sure will get better over time.

Had a great time checking out @Dortreo Red GT today, and when we both left to head home, I could see his car not just easily, but beautifully slicing through the traffic ahead like butter. Not only can you easily dart this car in and out of gaps as needed, but it looks awesome while doing so. It looks effortless, not like those modified blacked out Infiniti you’ll see loudly thrashing in and out of traffic looking like they’re about to crash and die. The low prowling stance makes the car look more elegant and jaguar-Esque than actual jaguars these days too.

You are comparing apples and oranges in an SUV (Jag) and sedan (Lucid). That aside, the Lucid is longer but the Jag is much wider.

I would always prefer a sedan to an SUV so long as the sedan can meet my carrying needs. I have test driven the Lucid (they haven't started producing Pures yet which what I have reserved) but I have not driven the Jag. So my opinion is not exactly scientific: the Lucid should handle way way better than the Jag on all types of roads.

You are comparing apples and oranges in an SUV (Jag) and sedan (Lucid). That aside, the Lucid is longer but the Jag is much wider.

I would always prefer a sedan to an SUV so long as the sedan can meet my carrying needs. I have test driven the Lucid (they haven't started producing Pures yet which what I have reserved) but I have not driven the Jag. So my opinion is not exactly scientific: the Lucid should handle way way better than the Jag on all types of roads.
Oh I meant Jaguar sedan. I feel like the Lucid looks more Jag than Jaguar these days. The Jaguar SUV just looks like a slightly different SUV.

Oh I meant Jaguar sedan. I feel like the Lucid looks more Jag than Jaguar these days. The Jaguar SUV just looks like a slightly different SUV.
2 years ago I test drove a Jag F-type P300 4 banger. Very nice, fast, gorgeous car! I agree that the Air has that same, classy, sleek look that I love…!

This is my current car. I LOVE IT! Looks great! Drives great! Still can't wait to sell it for my GT!

1660764654311.png

Back