Hi from Washington

vewave

Hi! I've been eyeing an EV vehicle to replace my 15 yo ICEv and Lucid is currently my top contender. I'll sleep on the decision for a few nights :)

Where in Washington are you? There are plenty of us to help you decide. Just my opinion, there is nothing like it that I have ever owned or drove. The Seattle showroom is a good start.

I actually went out of my way to head to Vancouver for a test drive. It was great overall. Did have some hiccups with the auto-parking not detecting lot slots and the steering wheel blocking view of parts of the dash, but I enjoyed the quiet/comfort/and large cabin.

I actually went out of my way to head to Vancouver for a test drive. It was great overall. Did have some hiccups with the auto-parking not detecting lot slots and the steering wheel blocking view of parts of the dash, but I enjoyed the quiet/comfort/and large cabin.
I agree on both points. I played with the auto park and had a similar experience. I decided to wait for the OTA updates to enhance this feature. Its a fun feature but I would rather park it myself anyway. Hopefully this is not a deal breaker for you. There is a lot of information on the dash but nothing that is partially blocked really comes into play. The more you drive the car the less you notice the blocked screen. The layout really is user friendly. Unless you go with a Yoke wheel there really is not much of a work around with the partially obscured screen. It really is a great driving vehicle. Lots of fun behind the wheel.

I agree on both points. I played with the auto park and had a similar experience. I decided to wait for the OTA updates to enhance this feature. Its a fun feature but I would rather park it myself anyway. Hopefully this is not a deal breaker for you. There is a lot of information on the dash but nothing that is partially blocked really comes into play. The more you drive the car the less you notice the blocked screen. The layout really is user friendly. Unless you go with a Yoke wheel there really is not much of a work around with the partially obscured screen. It really is a great driving vehicle. Lots of fun behind the wheel.
Yeah, not a deal breaker but definitely a sleep on for a few nights before I pull the trigger on :)

I did the Vancouver test drive earlier this year; took delivery (Seattle) in April. No regrets - really love the car. If you get DDPro, the ‘overhead camera’ simulation makes parking such a breeze that I haven’t bothered trying auto park. (Previous car was a ‘19 Model S, and though auto park *mostly* worked, it was so slow and clumsy that I stopped using it - too embarrassing, frankly…)

For the steering wheel blocking the dash, try adjusting the steering wheel higher. This has worked for me and still provides a comfortable steering wheel position for driving. I set the steering wheel higher in the Lucid than most other cars that I have owned.

For the steering wheel blocking the dash, try adjusting the steering wheel higher. This has worked for me and still provides a comfortable steering wheel position for driving. I set the steering wheel higher in the Lucid than most other cars that I have owned.
Yes - this is the way! I had to do this in my Model S as well.

Yeah, not a deal breaker but definitely a sleep on for a few nights before I pull the trigger on :)
It is a lot of money for a car but boy, is it worth it! This month our AGT turns 1 year with just over 16K. Absolutely no regrets and I still look for excuses to run errands for my wife in it. Everyone is different and no one can make this decision for you but... I would do it again if I had to. Good luck with your decision.

Back