HERE THEY ARE... LUCID AIR & SUV PICS

Hawk

Driving through Pescadero someone came across a Lucid shoot and took these pics. They blocked off the road with CHP (California Highway Patrol) for the Lucid Air & Lucid SUV. The pics aren’t that great - direct quote: "My iPhone 10 zoom isn’t clear enough to show how beautiful these Lucid cars are. I’d buy one now!" The shoot appears to be in preparation for the reveal? Here they are:

EfbGXj3UcAEqXzk.jpeg
EfbGXoIUYAAvBIJ.jpeg
EfbGXoKUMAEmb5S.jpeg
EfbGXopUYAEyLqg.jpeg
EfbHcDZU4AAICp8.jpeg
EfbHb_uU4AE8Z6j.jpeg
EfbHb_pUEAAdhsa.jpeg
EfbHb_oUcAAXklT.jpeg

Last edited:
WOW! This was a great find, Hawk.

The SUV is a lot more handsome than the rendition I had seen. Those appear to be aero wheels on the SUV, and I really like the body color.

I had been considering the "special" gold color for the Dream Edition. If this is it, I think I'll have to consider the white or the black. If those are the production wheels, I have to say I like the ones on the concept car much better.

If these pictures aren't distorted, you can really get a sense of how long and spacious the sedan's cabin is.

Thanks a million for posting this.

With differences in outdoor lighting, shadows, background, and taken with an iPhone 10 zoom it's nearly impossible to see the true colors. I think they may both be the same color?

I'm with you on the Air wheels. I much prefer the ones on the concept car as well.

Last edited:
Hope you're right about the colors. If they are the same, I hope that in the flesh the color veers more toward that of the SUV in the picture. Color (and wheels) aside, they are both great looking vehicles.

I wonder if those are aero wheels on the Air? I can't see through to any brake discs, so maybe the dark areas are black-painted metal? Or maybe you just can't see the discs in the photos.

I really do believe they are the same color. It also appears that the background foliage (green) is being reflected in the paint?

Could be aero wheels on the Air but, it is impossible to make out. Hopefully, upon launch, there will be a couple of wheel options.

I really do believe they are the same color. It also appears that the background foliage (green) is being reflected in the paint?

Could be aero wheels on the Air but, it is impossible to make out. Hopefully, upon launch, there will be a couple of wheel options.
To me it doesn't look the same. But wow, thanks very much for sharing these photos!

Amazing find!! Thanks for sharing. That security guy doesn't seem to happy :D

My brother just joined the forum to look at these pictures. He's an EV addict and has a Tesla Model 3. He noticed that one of the photo crew seems to have a Model 3 on the scene, and these photos were taken by a woman sitting in the passenger seat of a Model 3.

Easy to see how literally half the EVs in this country are in California . . . . Although about a year ago we were driving down to Marco and sitting at a red light at a large intersection. There were four Teslas (counting us) sitting in the intersection, so Florida's doing its share.

I'm curious. In some of these pictures the car wheels are completely round, and in some of the pictures the wheels are clearly elongated. Sometimes one wheel is round and the other is elongated.

Does anyone have any idea how much the camera might be distorting these photos and why the distortion might vary even within the same photo?

Last edited:
I'm curious. In some of these pictures the car weals are completely round, and in some of the pictures the wheels are clearly elongated. Sometimes one wheel is round and the other is elongated.

Does anyone have any idea how much the camera might be distorting these photos and why the distortion might vary even within the same photo?

Optical illusion.

Yep, but I'm wondering why the front end of the car would be more enlongated than the rear end in the same picture. These are the front and the rear wheels from the same shot. The red rings are true round and the same size in each picture.

The car is angled slightly away from the photographer, with the front end further out. But the front wheel is banked slightly to the left, bringing it back into a flat plane with the camera, yet the wheel is noticeably elongated. So this is something that is happening in the camera. I'm wondering why.

We early adopters are probably going to have to commit to an order without first seeing the car in the flesh, so many of the decisions we make are going to be dependent on photographs or videos.

On the other hand, maybe it doesn't really matter . . . but it's a slow day.

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 1.11.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 1.11.31 PM.png

Last edited:
"Inside EVS" has found this thread and now posted about it to the wider internet. It'll be interesting to see what happens next.

All the photos of the Air are from the driver's side. I was hoping to find out whether the wheels are directional, with each side cutting the airflow the same way.

Hawk, you're famous! "Electrek" credited you as the source of the pictures they posted this afternoon and which are getting slews of comments.

Well, I'm sorry to say I don't like the gold. So white or black it is . . . .

The story about the charging speed, though, is great. Frankly, I didn't expect three years of "free" charging at EA stations. And I was very glad to see that EA locations will be integrated into the car's navigation system.

Hawk, you just got another (quite lengthy) mention and bow for posting these pictures:

Back