Help windows won't roll up and it - 5 f outside

mutant9

Member

Joined
Mar 12, 2025
Messages
32
Reaction score
46
Hi all

Looking for any guidance as service is closed for the day. My car was parked overnight as we were on a road trip in Indiana. The temps were below freezing and the passenger side window got stuck in its highest position and won't drop down below the window frame when we opened the door. So there is a ton of cold air coming in.

Got home after a freezing drive and the drivers side did the same thing. Tried to roll it down a a bit and got it to come down an inch but when I tried to roll it back up it triggered the pinch sensor and the window rolled all the way down and won't come up. Need to use the car tomorrow and it's going to be a cold night again.. Anyone have an idea how to get the window to roll up after pinch sensor is triggered? I tried opening the door and holding the up button but it's doing nothing...
 
I assume you tried the reset with the steering wheel buttons and brake?
 
I assume you tried the reset with the steering wheel buttons and brake?
Sorry about yr window problem on a $ 120k suv it is such a shame however much we love our Gravity Dream , this is what eelpout means! Good luck
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1189.webp
    IMG_1189.webp
    60.5 KB · Views: 195
Hi all

Looking for any guidance as service is closed for the day. My car was parked overnight as we were on a road trip in Indiana. The temps were below freezing and the passenger side window got stuck in its highest position and won't drop down below the window frame when we opened the door. So there is a ton of cold air coming in.

Got home after a freezing drive and the drivers side did the same thing. Tried to roll it down a a bit and got it to come down an inch but when I tried to roll it back up it triggered the pinch sensor and the window rolled all the way down and won't come up. Need to use the car tomorrow and it's going to be a cold night again.. Anyone have an idea how to get the window to roll up after pinch sensor is triggered? I tried opening the door and holding the up button but it's doing nothing...
Did that fix it mutant?
 
Thanks for the tips guys. Unfortunately it did not fix it window won't roll all the up and same thing happened to to the drivers side. You would think being able to use the windows in the cold would not be something to be concerned with...

Called service today and they said the car needs to be brought in. It's being towed tomorrow and lucid is giving me a rental since they don't have a loaner.

5000 miles on the car and all the other software bugs that.were a pain but not a major issue. This one is quite frustrating. This is basic shit. Sounds like other gravities experienced the same issue over the weekend. Glad I had a warm and secure garage to put it in and the window did not get stuck all the way down on the road trip.

Lucid testing seems like there is alot to be desired.

Now I get to drive a smoked in Chevy Malibu until they fix it. But at least I will be warm and don't have to worry about my wife and kids getting frostbite because lucid can't figure out how to make a window work.
 
Did you update the software before this happened?
 
Thanks for the tips guys. Unfortunately it did not fix it window won't roll all the up and same thing happened to to the drivers side. You would think being able to use the windows in the cold would not be something to be concerned with...

Called service today and they said the car needs to be brought in. It's being towed tomorrow and lucid is giving me a rental since they don't have a loaner.

5000 miles on the car and all the other software bugs that.were a pain but not a major issue. This one is quite frustrating. This is basic shit. Sounds like other gravities experienced the same issue over the weekend. Glad I had a warm and secure garage to put it in and the window did not get stuck all the way down on the road trip.

Lucid testing seems like there is alot to be desired.

Now I get to drive a smoked in Chevy Malibu until they fix it. But at least I will be warm and don't have to worry about my wife and kids getting frostbite because lucid can't figure out how to make a window work.
This is a concern, imagine you were at a place where you had to leave the car out.

I was by the Scottsdale service recently, mechanic said they are very busy! Explains.

Also saw 6 Gravities ready for delivery!
 
Thanks for the tips guys. Unfortunately it did not fix it window won't roll all the up and same thing happened to to the drivers side. You would think being able to use the windows in the cold would not be something to be concerned with...

Called service today and they said the car needs to be brought in. It's being towed tomorrow and lucid is giving me a rental since they don't have a loaner.

5000 miles on the car and all the other software bugs that.were a pain but not a major issue. This one is quite frustrating. This is basic shit. Sounds like other gravities experienced the same issue over the weekend. Glad I had a warm and secure garage to put it in and the window did not get stuck all the way down on the road trip.

Lucid testing seems like there is alot to be desired.

Now I get to drive a smoked in Chevy Malibu until they fix it. But at least I will be warm and don't have to worry about my wife and kids getting frostbite because lucid can't figure out how to make a window work.
😫
 
Happened on the last software version. Did the update to see if it helped no difference
 
Thanks for the tips guys. Unfortunately it did not fix it window won't roll all the up and same thing happened to to the drivers side. You would think being able to use the windows in the cold would not be something to be concerned with...

Called service today and they said the car needs to be brought in. It's being towed tomorrow and lucid is giving me a rental since they don't have a loaner.

5000 miles on the car and all the other software bugs that.were a pain but not a major issue. This one is quite frustrating. This is basic shit. Sounds like other gravities experienced the same issue over the weekend. Glad I had a warm and secure garage to put it in and the window did not get stuck all the way down on the road trip.

Lucid testing seems like there is alot to be desired.

Now I get to drive a smoked in Chevy Malibu until they fix it. But at least I will be warm and don't have to worry about my wife and kids getting frostbite because lucid can't figure out how to make a window work.
This is concerning, since I'm hoping to buy a Gravity, and I have nowhere to park but outside here in Lake Tahoe. There's a lot that I love about the Gravity design, but the frameless windows are not on that list. All the electronic complexity of needing to crack the windows open a bit when the doors open and close seems entirely unnecessary. Especially when I've never driven a vehicle and thought "You know, it a shame there's a metal frame at the top of the door!"
 
Just closing the loop here. Both front windows regulators needed to be replaced. Car was done last Monday. This was about 3 weeks in service due to the holidays. Most of the time was waiting for the tech to look at the car.
Thanks for taking the time to post an update.
 
Back
Top