Hello from Minnesota

AJMN

Cars
‘22 AGT Grey/Tahoe
DE Number
Hi everyone! Just joined the forum tonight. I’ve had my AGT for a few months and it’s been generally a positive experience. It’s my first EV and I took delivery without having even sat in one. Love the driving experience! A few build quality issues and the software bugs are a pain. Thankfully the service process (cs rep and remote techs from Chicago) has been good. I have another visit scheduled for 1/9 to replace the creaky steering wheel and evaluate the grill shutters that are stuck closed. Attached is a pic of the car in its current winter mode: 20” OZ/Michelin X-Ice setup from Tirerack. We’ve had a ton of snow and this thing is a beast.
AEC27535-BBC8-4B43-AD7F-665E62F3C770.jpeg

Hi everyone! Just joined the forum tonight. I’ve had my AGT for a few months and it’s been generally a positive experience. It’s my first EV and I took delivery without having even sat in one. Love the driving experience! A few build quality issues and the software bugs are a pain. Thankfully the service process (cs rep and remote techs from Chicago) has been good. I have another visit scheduled for 1/9 to replace the creaky steering wheel and evaluate the grill shutters that are stuck closed. Attached is a pic of the car in its current winter mode: 20” OZ/Michelin X-Ice setup from Tirerack. We’ve had a ton of snow and this thing is a beast. View attachment 8448
Welcome to the neighborhood! Nice Grey and wheels! I'm in Saint Paul with a Grey / Mojave, and recently got some 19' winter SotoZero's with new rims (also from Tire Rack). Better than the original AGT all-season, but no match for the black ice. Also getting service on Monday...stay safe!

How is the range in the snow?
Subjectively I can say it's less, but I haven't been measuring it consistently. I believe the range to be more affected by cold ambient temps (especially with heaters cranked), than traversing snowy roads.

Welcome to the neighborhood! Nice Grey and wheels! I'm in Saint Paul with a Grey / Mojave, and recently got some 19' winter SotoZero's with new rims (also from Tire Rack). Better than the original AGT all-season, but no match for the black ice. Also getting service on Monday...stay safe!
I contacted Tire Rack this morning to let them know that the 20" setup I have will rub on certain freeway overpasses, dips, etc. It's not terrible, but I would have expected a more exacting fit from them. The rear wheel offset is probably ~5-10mm too aggressive. Thankfully the tire is only making contact with a plastic strip that runs on the inside of the wheel arch; so rubber on plastic contact. I'll await their response. I'm not convinced it's so bad that I ought to exchange them. Sigh, sometimes that's the price of "bolt on" parts!

Hi everyone! Just joined the forum tonight. I’ve had my AGT for a few months and it’s been generally a positive experience. It’s my first EV and I took delivery without having even sat in one. Love the driving experience! A few build quality issues and the software bugs are a pain. Thankfully the service process (cs rep and remote techs from Chicago) has been good. I have another visit scheduled for 1/9 to replace the creaky steering wheel and evaluate the grill shutters that are stuck closed. Attached is a pic of the car in its current winter mode: 20” OZ/Michelin X-Ice setup from Tirerack. We’ve had a ton of snow and this thing is a beast. View attachment 8448
Fellow minnesotan. Great winter/wheel tire setup. What tire are you running? I have the Lucid OEM 19" with Pirelli LM1 Sottozero 3 Winters. Not impressed with them. Love to hear your experience.

Subjectively I can say it's less, but I haven't been measuring it consistently. I believe the range to be more affected by cold ambient temps (especially with heaters cranked), than traversing snowy roads.
I've done some controlled, non-scientific testing on long drives for work to Des Moines from MPLS. Pretty impossible to get above 2.7 mi/kwh at 65 - 70 with "light" climate control to keep windows clear and me not frozen. I'm on 19" Lucid wheels with winters.

Fellow minnesotan. Great winter/wheel tire setup. What tire are you running? I have the Lucid OEM 19" with Pirelli LM1 Sottozero 3 Winters. Not impressed with them. Love to hear your experience.
These are the Michelin X-Ice. I believe the only alternative in this size was the Sottozero 3. First time using this particular tire. I've been happy with them. My current benchmark for winter traction is my RS5 on Yokohama Iceguards (3rd season on that set). Not a totally fair comparison as Nth generation quattro is more developed than Lucid's approach to traction control (or behavior with it turned off). Regardless, I have been impressed with the braking traction of the Michelins, the car turns well enough and still can put the power down on messy roads. Road noise isn't noticeably different from OEM PZeros.

These are the Michelin X-Ice. I believe the only alternative in this size was the Sottozero 3. First time using this particular tire. I've been happy with them. My current benchmark for winter traction is my RS5 on Yokohama Iceguards (3rd season on that set). Not a totally fair comparison as Nth generation quattro is more developed than Lucid's approach to traction control (or behavior with it turned off). Regardless, I have been impressed with the braking traction of the Michelins, the car turns well enough and still can put the power down on messy roads. Road noise isn't noticeably different from OEM PZeros.
Good to hear. I am really anxious to try/hear the Nokian EV winter tires.

Moderate good news for the Twin Cities. EA is adding another location at the Outlets in Eagan. Wish they would set up a location on the West Side, but at least not as far as Woodbury.

On EA in Woodbury, what is the fastest you have been able to charge? I finally got the 350 to work yesterday, but was only to pull down 105 with the car reading "limited by power station". However, when i look at other vehicles, they are paying but pulling down faster speeds

Moderate good news for the Twin Cities. EA is adding another location at the Outlets in Eagan. Wish they would set up a location on the West Side, but at least not as far as Woodbury.

On EA in Woodbury, what is the fastest you have been able to charge? I finally got the 350 to work yesterday, but was only to pull down 105 with the car reading "limited by power station". However, when i look at other vehicles, they are paying but pulling down faster speeds
Only time I've been able to see over 300kw/h charging there is when battery was ~5%. Lucid has a pretty steep charging curve in terms of throttling back. I have been present with an R1T that was able to pull >300 up to around 80% charge

Only time I've been able to see over 300kw/h charging there is when battery was ~5%. Lucid has a pretty steep charging curve in terms of throttling back. I have been present with an R1T that was able to pull >300 up to around 80% charge
Unless I'm missing something, as far as I know, Rivian hasn't released the OTA to allow past 220kw?

Could be I just it pulling over 300 for like 20 minutes in person.
You keep mentioning this, but I haven't seen a report anywhere of a Rivian even being able to get over 300. I'm not sure it's even possible with their 400v architecture.

You keep mentioning this, but I haven't seen a report anywhere of a Rivian even being able to get over 300. I'm not sure it's even possible with their 400v architecture.
You’re probably right. Must’ve been 200 kw/h

Back