Hello from Manhattan

Derek O

Verified Owner
Cars
2023 Lucid AT
Hi Everyone,
Just a quick hello to the group. My wife and I just had our first kid and decided now was the time for our first EV as well. We took delivery of our AT at Short Hills, NJ on January 26. We haven't been able to put many miles on it, but we're thrilled so far and looking forward to exploring the car more in the coming weeks and months. It sure gets a lot of attention in the city! Despite the Lucid showroom in Meatpacking, I haven't seen many in the wild as yet and the stares and pointing suggest to me that not many other New Yorkers have, either. There may be a future career for me as a Lucid brand ambassador, because I'm constantly fielding questions.

Glad to be a part of this forum; I'm sure there's still a lot for me to learn about the car (and perhaps some suggestions for software updates to be made as well!).

Hi Everyone,
Just a quick hello to the group. My wife and I just had our first kid and decided now was the time for our first EV as well. We took delivery of our AT at Short Hills, NJ on January 26. We haven't been able to put many miles on it, but we're thrilled so far and looking forward to exploring the car more in the coming weeks and months. It sure gets a lot of attention in the city! Despite the Lucid showroom in Meatpacking, I haven't seen many in the wild as yet and the stares and pointing suggest to me that not many other New Yorkers have, either. There may be a future career for me as a Lucid brand ambassador, because I'm constantly fielding questions.

Glad to be a part of this forum; I'm sure there's still a lot for me to learn about the car (and perhaps some suggestions for software updates to be made as well!).
Congratulations! On the car and the baby :)

Wow... my kid works on Broadway so we go in to see shows ... not with the Lucid though. Taking the train thanks very much.

Manhattan ... You are brave. Will keep my eyes peeled for your car. ; ) What paint did you get ?

Hi Everyone,

Congrats. I’m in Tribeca and use the car daily. Hopefully see you around.

Thanks very much! Feel like I have two babies now!
Grats...now it's for you to decide which one gets more attention. I know which one for me 😈

Wow... my kid works on Broadway so we go in to see shows ... not with the Lucid though. Taking the train thanks very much.

Manhattan ... You are brave. Will keep my eyes peeled for your car. ; ) What paint did you get ?
Couldn't agree more, driving into and within Manhattan is no fun. If I lived outside the city and didn't have a dedicated parking spot in town, I'd be doing everything I could to take the train as well! As it stands, when we take the car, we're almost exclusively headed out of town.

I went with Quantum Grey, with a Tahoe interior.

Congrats. I’m in Tribeca and use the car daily. Hopefully see you around.
Thanks very much! Likewise, hope to see you around as well.

Congratulations.

Hi Everyone,

Congratulations on both fronts. UWS here with agt. Love all the positive vibes I get driving around the city but don't think I'm ever going to park on the street.

Grats...now it's for you to decide which one gets more attention. I know which one for me 😈
Yeah, it's a toss-up right now to be sure! Would you be able to tell me the process to become a verified owner here?

Congratulations on both fronts. UWS here with agt. Love all the positive vibes I get driving around the city but don't think I'm ever going to park on the street.
Thanks so much. I was definitely VERY nervous the first and only time that I've parked it on the street, right on Broadway in Nomad. Thankfully, no issue, just lots of questions. Great, positive vibes driving around the city. Really happy with the decision so far to go for it.

Couldn't agree more, driving into and within Manhattan is no fun. If I lived outside the city and didn't have a dedicated parking spot in town, I'd be doing everything I could to take the train as well! As it stands, when we take the car, we're almost exclusively headed out of town.

I went with Quantum Grey, with a Tahoe interior.
Yeah. I used to live in Greenwich Village. I sold my car before I moved there and didn't buy another until I had moved out. I just rented when I needed one. Not only is parking ridiculously expensive but driving in the city is like bumper cars.

Good luck!!

Yeah. I used to live in Greenwich Village. I sold my car before I moved there and didn't buy another until I had moved out. I just rented when I needed one. Not only is parking ridiculously expensive but driving in the city is like bumper cars.

Good luck!!
I was exclusively a car renter, until COVID made renting both more expensive and less appealing. And then I had a kid and my use case for a car increased, so I just had to bite the bullet and pay the obscene parking, insurance, and everything else costs that go with living in Manhattan!

@Derek O - Congratulations to you and your wife on the birth of your first child. What a great blessing!
@Cosmo Cruz - My oldest daughter also works on Broadway, so we go into the city to see some shows as well. She just started on a new play at Lincoln Center. We have a older minivan, so we usually drive in. My mother-in-law lives in NJ not far from Short Hills, so we usually stay with her when we drive up from DC.

Back