GT4 racing

Bill55

Verified Owner
Cars
Sapphire - Dream Edition
DE Number
Sounds about right. Based on my Iracing experiences with the GT4, it is understeery yet twitchy in its base form. With some (very hard to pinpoint) tuning, it does somewhat work. The fact that it is detuned a lot vs what the engine can actually handle means it is very reliable for endurance(if that is what you do?)

I much preferred my M4 GT4 and Vantage GT4 as far as front engine cars go.
The new BMW G82 M4GT4 is going to be very stout. The Astons have been fast, but inconsistent. WRL is endurance racing. Typically 8hr on Sat and 8hr on Sunday. We are on 180 treadwear tires and there is a hp to weight limit. At Sebring as a very general example in WRL trim 2:17 lap times and full hp GT4 Homologation on slicks 2:11.

The new BMW G82 M4GT4 is going to be very stout. The Astons have been fast, but inconsistent. WRL is endurance racing. Typically 8hr on Sat and 8hr on Sunday. We are on 180 treadwear tires and there is a hp to weight limit. At Sebring as a very general example in WRL trim 2:17 lap times and full hp GT4 Homologation on slicks 2:11.
Surprised the difference is that low at sebring. By endurance trim, do you mean with loaded fuel or just the appropriate tuning for endurance? Sebring for me is a track with not many corners, but the few that do are very grip intense followed by varying lengths of straights.

I haven't drove Sebring on Iracing, but on Assetto Corsa I generally turn the tires down for endurance racing at Sebring. Higher psi brings too much heat for me(followed by not much cooling on straights), and I handle the lower PSI's well being a more aggressive driver and using tires up like an idiot.

Also, didnt the G82 already get released for ordering? What is the lb/hp limit?

Yes the G82 is released. The orange car in the photo is a G82.
WRL has a rulebook. I am comparing a car set up for the WRL GTO class rules vs the GT4 homologation.
Sebring has 17 turns.

Yes the G82 is released. The orange car in the photo is a G82.
WRL has a rulebook. I am comparing a car set up for the WRL GTO class rules vs the GT4 homologation.
Sebring has 17 turns.
Sebring does have 17 turns technically, but I don't really think a lot of them are significant; it has more like 12-13 for me.

I am not familiar with those rulebooks considering that I literally can't drive a real life car yet, but I will look into them.

How are the G82's faring? In Iracing, only the F8x series exists.

Sebring does have 17 turns technically, but I don't really think a lot of them are significant; it has more like 12-13 for me.

I am not familiar with those rulebooks considering that I literally can't drive a real life car yet, but I will look into them.

How are the G82's faring? In Iracing, only the F8x series exists.
The G82s are turning some quick laps. I’m sure we will see more of them next year. Yet to be seen, but I think they will be the car to bet in 2024.

The G82s are turning some quick laps. I’m sure we will see more of them next year. Yet to be seen, but I think they will be the car to bet in 2024.
Is there any hope for the Nisaan Z GT4? I would think not..

I would love to see one. With Mercedes, Aston Martin, BMW, and Toyotas.It would take a really good team to be competitive.

There are Nissans running in this series.

Back