Great radar detector mount!

Quick question on this - I think I want to try this route (and have ordered one) is the usb-c port in the console constant power, or only when the vehicle powered on (i.e. "switched")? I'd prefer the latter (MAXcam 360c with a parking dashcam) and trying to figure out if I should get power at the console, or from the trunk 12v fuse in the passenger footwell.
 
I don't think it has anything to do with the mount or the power but of course that's possible. My theory is that having the detector in that location is making it pick up some reflected laser signals from the lidar in the car. Just guessing of course.

Does tesla use lidar?
I’m pretty sure it’s coming from the car. I’ve had to disable laser detection on my escort to maintain my sanity
 
Quick question on this - I think I want to try this route (and have ordered one) is the usb-c port in the console constant power, or only when the vehicle powered on (i.e. "switched")? I'd prefer the latter (MAXcam 360c with a parking dashcam) and trying to figure out if I should get power at the console, or from the trunk 12v fuse in the passenger footwell.
The USB ports are only on when the car is on. When it goes to sleep, the USB ports power down.
 
I recently purchased a radar detector mount for me 2024 Lucid Air Pure from a vendor named Bartallama 3D. He has a number of applications for sale on Amazon for various detectors for Tesla and C8 Corvette. Here are some pics:
View attachment 23999View attachment 24000
website: https://Bartallama3D.design…excuse my tech naïveté…it’s my first thread…hope I did it right…
Thanks, I had purchased the mount for the Tesla a few mounts back, and it didn't work for my Lucid. I had to jimmy hook it to stay connected n without sliding. I will be purchasing the hardware left for Lucid. Thanks again
 
Decided to get this mount for a Uniden R8W. For those of you that have been using this mount for several months now, can you confirm if the low placement of the radar (above the right glass cockpit) results in a lot of false alarms or failure to detect valid radar signals? Or can you verify that it has no effect on the effectiveness of the radar detection?
 
False alarm increase yes…failure to detect no…I use a Valentine One…my setup is the original setup on this thread…
 
Back
Top