Gravity V3.5.7

Emad Dlala said they were switching to a new software platform as part of their plan to sort out the software mess. Maybe this update was the switch to that platform, and it didn't change or add any new features . . . thus none being mentioned in the release notes? And the existing features that were malfunctioning (such as locking/unlocking) are now working properly on the new platform?

We went out in one of our Gravities tonight for the second time since the update, and its locking and unlocking actually has functioned properly on both outings.

(We haven't been able to download the update to our older Gravity, as it's back in the Roswell Service Center for yet another drive unit malfunction.).
Another drive unit malfunction??? Please let us know what the root cause is, and if it’s the same as last time.

Roswell (Atlanta) is a long way from Naples.
 
Hope I'm not the only one who still hasn't received an update notification!
 
Hope I'm not the only one who still hasn't received an update notification!
Lucid Tracker shows only 18 of 101 vehicles updated. I wonder what made Lucid stop pushing it.
 
Got the impression that this was only released to a small group of vehicles, possibly only DE owners and loaners. Lucid will probably wait a week to see how this goes before moving forward with a more broad release, so everyone else (including myself) need to chill.
 
Got the impression that this was only released to a small group of vehicles, possibly only DE owners and loaners. Lucid will probably wait a week to see how this goes before moving forward with a more broad release, so everyone else (including myself) need to chill.
It'd be weird if they're holding back 3.5.7 like that given that they said the bigger update this was in preparation for is coming out at that same time.
 
Last edited:
It'd be weird if they're holding back 3.5.7 like that given that they said the bigger update this was in preparation for it coming out at that time.
I vote for extreme caution by Lucid is a great thing! Step by step…
 
It'd be weird if they're holding back 3.5.7 like that given that they said the bigger update this was in preparation for is coming out at that same time.
I don't think it'd be at all weird. The whole point of an incremental roll-out is to give them a chance to catch problems that QA missed, and to do it before it impacts the entire fleet of vehicles. Catching those problems requires letting a little time go by and seeing if they get any bug reports.
 
I don't think it'd be at all weird. The whole point of an incremental roll-out is to give them a chance to catch problems that QA missed, and to do it before it impacts the entire fleet of vehicles. Catching those problems requires letting a little time go by and seeing if they get any bug reports.
These delays may be a blessing in disguise - their new QA process may be working as intended
 
3.5.7 just installed, in under 20min, and we are in our motorhome at the Oregon coast, and the Gravity is at home in the garage. This is the first OTA update since we received the Lucid on April 16th! So cool!
 
I got the notification during dinner and tried to start the install. Turns out you need at least 20% state of charge to intall an upgrade (we were at 19%). So off to the EvGO charger I went after preconditioning the car. Am now installing the 3.5.7 upgrade
 
Got it too and installing
 
Got notification in the middle of the night. Just installed. Took less than 20 mins.
 
I finally got the 3.5.7 update notification. I'll install it when I have a chance. As others have said, not much in the update notes.
 
If I'm not mistaken, and my wife would tell you I am often, this has been a flawless rollout. I don't think anyone has had a problem with their cars. And the second wave have reported quicker installs.

Please, do correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to be getting better - way better! Kudos, Lucid!

Dream Ahead!
 
If I'm not mistaken, and my wife would tell you I am often, this has been a flawless rollout. I don't think anyone has had a problem with their cars. And the second wave have reported quicker installs.

Please, do correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to be getting better - way better! Kudos, Lucid!

Dream Ahead!
To be fair, this update adds no new features and is just designed to prep the existing software for the actual big upgrade that will be coming in the next week or so. Let’s hope that this upcoming big update gets the same glowing reviews.
 
I received notification last night and pushed the trigger on install at 5:30AM. At 5:45AM the iPhone app reported I was at 93% and stayed there until 6AM when I went out to the garage and looked at the GGT. Door handle opened and screen lit up as normal when starting up. System software version said software was current at 3.5.7. Don’t know why my iPhone didn’t get the message. I’ve had the GGT for 5 weeks and performance has been stellar with only a couple of minor software glitches. In fact, I was hesitant to update but I knew I had to do it. Will follow up if there are any snags to report..
 
Back
Top