Gravity Tire Challenge

I feel what you need is a very very old tank that’s been thoroughly tested over decades and I still think there is a chance you might be the one to finally break it somehow…with your luck

This is not helping. 🥴
 
This is not helping. 🥴
If you want to test this theory bring one of your DEs for a swap with my GT and see how long the tires last…

I am totally rooting for you to be problem free by the way!!
 
I'm sitting here right now waiting for our mobile tech to arrive. I didn't call him, but he got dispatched by Lucid to do something regarding noise in the rear doors caused by the sunscreen mechanism -- a problem I didn't even know we had in either car.
 
I'm sitting here right now waiting for our mobile tech to arrive. I didn't call him, but he got dispatched by Lucid to do something regarding noise in the rear doors caused by the sunscreen mechanism -- a problem I didn't even know we had in either car.
So now Lucid is fixing problems you didn’t even report yet, as if you didn’t spend enough time away from life already?

Be firm and tell em to concentrate…
 
I'm sitting here right now waiting for our mobile tech to arrive. I didn't call him, but he got dispatched by Lucid to do something regarding noise in the rear doors caused by the sunscreen mechanism -- a problem I didn't even know we had in either car.
This is a known issue/service item. They did this on my car last time it was at SC. Something about additional noise damping material needed in rear doors.
 
I feel what you need is a very very old tank that’s been thoroughly tested over decades and I still think there is a chance you might be the one to finally break it somehow…with your luck
When I was a kid, I knew some adults that owned a couple of tanks. This was in Southern California, and they rented them out for movies. Anyone who thinks an early production Gravity spends a lot of time in the shop definitely isn't up for the challenge of keeping a tank running. :p 🤣
 
I don’t mean to hijack this thread. My apologies. I figured you guys may know the answer.

I currently have the 22/23 inch OEM wheels and am looking for all seasons to replace the stock summer tires. But, there’s only 1 option and they’re ridiculously expensive.

The stock tire sizes are 265/40R22 and 285/35R23.

Will 275/40R22 and 295/35R23 fit without any rubbing/clearance issues? These have way more options and are half the cost.

Thank you
 
I don’t mean to hijack this thread. My apologies. I figured you guys may know the answer.

I currently have the 22/23 inch OEM wheels and am looking for all seasons to replace the stock summer tires. But, there’s only 1 option and they’re ridiculously expensive.

The stock tire sizes are 265/40R22 and 285/35R23.

Will 275/40R22 and 295/35R23 fit without any rubbing/clearance issues? These have way more options and are half the cost.

Thank you
I’m unable to find any 295/35R23 all seasons anymore. Will 285/40R23 in the rear fit without issues?
 
Try this wheel/tire sizing site.
It's very helpful for visualizing changes.

Also see this thread - Aftermarket Wheels for Gravity.
Owners are trying out different combos, up to and including custom wheel sizes.

I am going with four (4) custom 22" wheels, with 265/40 and 285/40 Michelin Primacy Tour All Season.
 
Last edited:
I have the 20-21s on our Gravity. Hankook ION. got a slice in the tire 2nd day of ownership. Limped the car to Americas tire (2 blocks away). They got a replacement tire mounted within 24 hours. Tire was around $650. I then got the America Tire's hazard replacement policy for all four tires. So I was out the door for about $1000 but I am covered for hazards until these tires wear out. I also ordered the emergency spare because we drive from SF bay area to LA area often. If it takes 24hrs in the Bay Area to get the tire replace it could be days and a hotel stay on highway 5. Spare tire is not here yet so I dont know where I will store it in the car for long trips. Had the same issue with our Model Y but never got the emergency spare and was always nervous on that long drive.
 
Last edited:
I have the 20-21s on our Gravity. Hankook ION. got a slice in the tire 2nd day of ownership. Limped the car to Americas tire (2 blocks away). They got a replacement tire mounted within 24 hours. Tire was around $650. I then got the America Tire's hazard replacement policy for all four tires. So I was out the door for about $1000 but I am covered for hazards until these tires wear out. I also ordered the emergency spare because we drive from SF bay area to LA area often. If it takes 24hrs in the Bay Area to get the tire replace it could be days and a hotel stay on highway 5. Spare tire is not here yet so I dont know where I will store it in the car for long trips. Had the same issue with our Model Y but never got the emergency spare and was always nervous on that long drive.
Wow that's a weird coincidence. Check out this post: My 1st drive
 
I have the 22/23's on my GGT and just went thru a round (3) rear wheel balancing over the last couple of months. One at Lucid SC and two more at tire sops. The last attempt was back at Lucid SC and they finally figured out where the vibration was coming from. Left rear tire had a fore/balance issue of 54 lbs difference from the other three tires. Seems there are a few cases where the PS5 has a defect in part of the sidewall that causes the unbalance. In any event Lucid replace the $940 tire. No more vibration at speed! Great riding car now.
 
I have the 22/23's on my GGT and just went thru a round (3) rear wheel balancing over the last couple of months. One at Lucid SC and two more at tire sops. The last attempt was back at Lucid SC and they finally figured out where the vibration was coming from. Left rear tire had a fore/balance issue of 54 lbs difference from the other three tires. Seems there are a few cases where the PS5 has a defect in part of the sidewall that causes the unbalance. In any event Lucid replace the $940 tire. No more vibration at speed! Great riding car now.
Would like to correct the above to PZ5 not to confuse with a Michelin PS5 tire.
 
Sorry for your trouble. Flat tires are rarer these days, but they still stink- especially on specialty tires like yours.

Just an FYI from a guy who spent 20 years in the performance car industry.

Aesthetics aside, tires with a section height of less than about 4.4" are not suitable for street use. Given the same tire, they do not handle better (and often handle worse), do ride more harshly, are harder to mount, and most importantly are much more prone to road damage- including damage to the wheels. It's always better to fit the smallest diameter rim that will fit over the brakes that also gives a section height close to the above.
 
Just got this photo today from the Miami Service Center:

4C34796C6C42315A64445F76743252536C4D6C774537424668.webp


This was a new replacement tire that was put on our Gravity three days before it went to the Service Center . . . and the FOURTH tire we've had to replace on our two Gravities since June due to punctures from construction debris.

I don't even know what to think of this at this point or why it's only happening to our Gravities.
 
Just got this photo today from the Miami Service Center:

View attachment 36928

This was a new replacement tire that was put on our Gravity three days before it went to the Service Center . . . and the FOURTH tire we've had to replace on our two Gravities since June due to punctures from construction debris.

I don't even know what to think of this at this point or why it's only happening to our Gravities.
Shop with TireRack and get 2 years hazard warranty. And maybe ask your neighbors to stop screwing with your cars? Otherwise, no idea and sorry!
 
Just got this photo today from the Miami Service Center:

View attachment 36928

This was a new replacement tire that was put on our Gravity three days before it went to the Service Center . . . and the FOURTH tire we've had to replace on our two Gravities since June due to punctures from construction debris.

I don't even know what to think of this at this point or why it's only happening to our Gravities.
It's gotta be those alligators...
1771731743965.webp
 
Shop with TireRack and get 2 years hazard warranty. And maybe ask your neighbors to stop screwing with your cars? Otherwise, no idea and sorry!

I have road hazard warranties on all our cars from Discount Tire (which owns TireRack). I'm just wondering whether they'll ever sell me another warranty at this point.
 
I have road hazard warranties on all our cars from Discount Tire (which owns TireRack). I'm just wondering whether they'll ever sell me another warranty at this point.
TireRack adds warranty by default to all their tires, you will be fine.
 
TireRack adds warranty by default to all their tires, you will be fine.

Since both our Gravities (which are the cars with the four punctures) started with factory-installed tires, I had to purchase the warranty separately the first time around. Also, the tire that the Service Center found punctured had already been replaced under that warranty just three days before the car went to the Service Center, and that warranty only covers one replacement tire per wheel. So, unfortunately, this one's on me to the tune of $627.90. At least it wasn't another of the rear Pirelli PZ5s, two of which I've already replaced.
 
Back
Top