Gravity Spare Tire

EVCar

Referral Code: IDLI9CO7

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2022
Messages
2,068
Reaction score
1,482
Location
AZ
Cars
Gravity DE
Referral Code
IDLI9CO7
Wondering what forum thinks about the need for a spare tire.
Currently, none is listed on EV Sportline and Modern Spare.
I have sent an inquiry to both -- did buy one for the Air for peace of mind.
 
Many vehicles, esp EV's, no longer have a spare tire on board, my wife's Taycan included. I don't think the Audi Q5 pHEV we used to have had one either.
Roadside assistance is now a must
 
A spare tire is tough for thr Gravity, since there are different tires front vs back. You'd need two spares to have something really functional. Next best would be run flat tires, but I've not heard of a compatible run flat option.
 
Certainly a lot simpler if all 4 tires were the same size.
I have some recollection, however, that one of the forum experts, @Worldwide Beagle, mentioning something to the effect that the front tire can be used for the rear.
 
Had same issue with BMW because front and back are different size, however recommendation for a temporary spare tire is just any close tire size until you fix the flat issue. I have 20-21 inches and I got a 20 inches spare tire for Lucid Air Sapphire available on e-bay . Already tried it and fit perfectly . The jack however, for the heavy Gravidy, the 3 tons manual struggle to do the job, however, the Hydraulic 12V version ( Amazon or E-bay ) does the job effortless. (Already tried). Having a quick repair tire for a flat is cheap and life saver ( Already had an issue with a BMW and was a quick fix until you replace the tire.


​

 
Had same issue with BMW because front and back are different size, however recommendation for a temporary spare tire is just any close tire size until you fix the flat issue. I have 20-21 inches and I got a 20 inches spare tire for Lucid Air Sapphire available on e-bay . Already tried it and fit perfectly . The jack however, for the heavy Gravidy, the 3 tons manual struggle to do the job, however, the Hydraulic 12V version ( Amazon or E-bay ) does the job effortless. (Already tried). Having a quick repair tire for a flat is cheap and life saver ( Already had an issue with a BMW and was a quick fix until you replace the tire.


​

Do you have the link for the hydraulic jack you bought?
Thanks for the info.
 
Had same issue with BMW because front and back are different size, however recommendation for a temporary spare tire is just any close tire size until you fix the flat issue. I have 20-21 inches and I got a 20 inches spare tire for Lucid Air Sapphire available on e-bay . Already tried it and fit perfectly . The jack however, for the heavy Gravidy, the 3 tons manual struggle to do the job, however, the Hydraulic 12V version ( Amazon or E-bay ) does the job effortless. (Already tried). Having a quick repair tire for a flat is cheap and life saver ( Already had an issue with a BMW and was a quick fix until you replace the tire.


​

Have you tried driving the car with the spare on? Seems like the stability control software might be very unhappy about wheel speed being so far off.
 
Modern Spare replied today:
"Thanks for reaching out. Our design team is currently exploring the development of a spare tire for the Lucid Gravity. Unfortunately, we do not offer one at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."
 
Certainly a lot simpler if all 4 tires were the same size.
I have some recollection, however, that one of the forum experts, @Worldwide Beagle, mentioning something to the effect that the front tire can be used for the rear.
Temporarily, to get somewhere safe, since the rolling radius of the f and f tires are within a few percent. What @Cdaorl says about a getting close is spot on. I have used a 19" aftermarket wheel as emergency spare for my Air 21s for two years. Works perfectly.
 
Have you tried driving the car with the spare on? Seems like the stability control software might be very unhappy about wheel speed being so far off.
I doubt it as long as the rolling radius is within 5% or so of the original tire. And if it's"unhappy," it shuts off. The point with an emergency spare these days is to get off the highway, get somewhere safe, and get the tire fixed, not to continue a cross country trip.
 
Ezsparewheel.com has a spare for Gravity, 175/70 R 20.
For those who bought a spare for the Air from her, you can get a new tire to put on the same wheel for $125 plus shipping., which she said will work.
I suggested a discount for the forum like before but got no response.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ezsparewheel.com has a spare for Gravity, 175/70 R 20.
For those who bought a spare for the Air from her, you can get a new tire to put on the same wheel for $125 plus shipping., which she said will work.
I suggested a discount for the forum like before but got no response.
That's
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top