- Joined
- Mar 30, 2025
- Messages
- 990
- Reaction score
- 2,064
- Cars
- 26 Gravity GT Black, EV9
So I've owned my Gravity which has these both optioned for about a year now and I've seen many ask how these compare to not having them. I didn't really have much to compare them to driving a Gravity without them for more than a quick test drive but right now I've had a loaner Gravity that doesn't have these two options and I've been driving for a week and wanted to share my take on it. Short and sweet, I recommend you get both upgrades if you don't absolutely have to make money make sense.
For the dynamic handling, I had no idea if the loaner had it at first but I started noticing differences in turns I take everyday and when I attack certain road sections I've been on a million times. At first I thought it was the smaller tires but I felt like that couldn't fully explain it so I looked up the options on the car and saw what it had and what it didn't. I notice at slow speeds, there is definitely a difference in the turn radius. Is it huge? No, not at all. But noticeable for sure. A couple u turns I can usually make, I have to back up to execute. The car just feels different in turns at speed and just slightly feels like it is not taking them with same sure footing as I'm normally used to. It is minor for sure, but if you are more performance oriented, then I'd definitely advise getting it, but if that isn't of any real importance to you, you can easily get by without it and likely still very much enjoy the drive on the car.
The audio is a bit more noticeable. I'm not an audiophile but it is a step down I think. System is a little weaker, the bass being more noticeably overpowering and the mids and treble less nice. It's also missing the immersion audio option, which sometime can be pretty neat. I haven't logged into Tidal to check the Dolby Atmos, since this isn't my car, so I can't say how that works. But if the built in audio and audio over Carplay is noticeably less, I can't imagine Tidal would be any better. If the Surround Pro stereo is an A for a grade (not saying it is or isn't, just comparison) then I'd say without it is a B/B-. Where as for the drive options, it'd be more like a B+/A- compared to an A with it.
These are just my opinions and I think the car is enjoyable either way, but more so with the options. I do think both options are worth the cost, but everyone will have to make that choice ultimately for themselves. I hope this helps!
For the dynamic handling, I had no idea if the loaner had it at first but I started noticing differences in turns I take everyday and when I attack certain road sections I've been on a million times. At first I thought it was the smaller tires but I felt like that couldn't fully explain it so I looked up the options on the car and saw what it had and what it didn't. I notice at slow speeds, there is definitely a difference in the turn radius. Is it huge? No, not at all. But noticeable for sure. A couple u turns I can usually make, I have to back up to execute. The car just feels different in turns at speed and just slightly feels like it is not taking them with same sure footing as I'm normally used to. It is minor for sure, but if you are more performance oriented, then I'd definitely advise getting it, but if that isn't of any real importance to you, you can easily get by without it and likely still very much enjoy the drive on the car.
The audio is a bit more noticeable. I'm not an audiophile but it is a step down I think. System is a little weaker, the bass being more noticeably overpowering and the mids and treble less nice. It's also missing the immersion audio option, which sometime can be pretty neat. I haven't logged into Tidal to check the Dolby Atmos, since this isn't my car, so I can't say how that works. But if the built in audio and audio over Carplay is noticeably less, I can't imagine Tidal would be any better. If the Surround Pro stereo is an A for a grade (not saying it is or isn't, just comparison) then I'd say without it is a B/B-. Where as for the drive options, it'd be more like a B+/A- compared to an A with it.
These are just my opinions and I think the car is enjoyable either way, but more so with the options. I do think both options are worth the cost, but everyone will have to make that choice ultimately for themselves. I hope this helps!