Gravity in the wild

Live in Houston. Seen numerous Air’s but never a Gravity outside of Lucid SC. When I picked up my Gravity last week, SA said there are only about 30 in Houston (they have delivered a lot more for other areas of Texas such as Austin, San Antonio, College Station). So, 3 days later I pass another green Gravity like mine only a mile or so from my house in west Houston. So much for me having the only one in our area.
 
Took my gravity in the snow for the first time last weekend getting a Christmas tree, it performed great, and thought I would share a few photos.
IMG_0587.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0589.webp
    IMG_0589.webp
    3.2 MB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0592.webp
    IMG_0592.webp
    3 MB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0596.webp
    IMG_0596.webp
    2.3 MB · Views: 199
Looks gorgeous in the snow. Those are cool wheels - what are they? Snow setup?
 
I happened to park between a Tesla Model Y and a Subaru Outback, and I was surprised how close in size all three were, given how much great the interior volume of the Gravity is. A lovely reminder of the one of the Gravities engineering marvels.
IMG_0601.webpIMG_0602.webpIMG_0603.webpIMG_0604.webp

VehicleLength (in)Width* (in)Height (in)Cargo behind rear seats** (cu ft)Max cargo w/ seats folded*** (cu ft)
Lucid Gravity (3-row SUV)198.287.265.221.3111.9
Tesla Model Y (2-row)187.075.663.930.272.1
Tesla Model X (5-seat)199.178.766.137.185.1
Subaru Outback (2-row)191.974.266.132.675.6
Polestar 3 (2-row)192.977.564.021.149.8

* Width is without mirrors except Gravity (with mirrors).
** Gravity: behind 3rd row; others behind 2nd.
*** Some brands include under-floor or frunk space.

As you can see "on paper" the Gravity is a bit longer than the Y or Outback, but boy, in person it sure doesn't look like much.
 
very cool! I like! Could be interesting for me for a cold-weather setup.... but we don't get too much snow out here.... probably not super-necessary for me but still tempting because they look so great!
 
I happened to park between a Tesla Model Y and a Subaru Outback, and I was surprised how close in size all three were, given how much great the interior volume of the Gravity is. A lovely reminder of the one of the Gravities engineering marvels.
View attachment 34741View attachment 34740View attachment 34739View attachment 34742

VehicleLength (in)Width* (in)Height (in)Cargo behind rear seats** (cu ft)Max cargo w/ seats folded*** (cu ft)
Lucid Gravity (3-row SUV)198.287.265.221.3111.9
Tesla Model Y (2-row)187.075.663.930.272.1
Tesla Model X (5-seat)199.178.766.137.185.1
Subaru Outback (2-row)191.974.266.132.675.6
Polestar 3 (2-row)192.977.564.021.149.8

* Width is without mirrors except Gravity (with mirrors).
** Gravity: behind 3rd row; others behind 2nd.
*** Some brands include under-floor or frunk space.


As you can see "on paper" the Gravity is a bit longer than the Y or Outback, but boy, in person it sure doesn't look like much.
The biggest difference I have noticed transitioning from my old Mercedes GLE and the Gravity, is that the Gravity is wider. You notice that it is 10 inches wider than all the others on this chart. The Gravity will have a hard time fitting in a lot of European towns, streets, as they try to sell there.
 
The biggest difference I have noticed transitioning from my old Mercedes GLE and the Gravity, is that the Gravity is wider. You notice that it is 10 inches wider than all the others on this chart. The Gravity will have a hard time fitting in a lot of European towns, streets, as they try to sell there.
Gravity is exactly the same width as Model X, someone posted a chart of X vs Gravity with mirror width, rookie move.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0050.webp
    IMG_0050.webp
    176.1 KB · Views: 192
Gravity is exactly the same width as Model X, someone posted a chart of X vs Gravity with mirror width, rookie move.
Yeah, that number for MX seemed a little small. Gravity is still a little wide (wider than my old Mercedes GLE) but not Tahoe size.
 
It's a pity there's no way to edit a post. I wasn't trying to cheat, I was just a bit lazy and had ChatGPT make the table. I've now gone and looked up the other full widths to make a better comparison. Gravity is wider than most (but not by much), and narrower than the Model X.

VehicleLength (in)Width (in)Height (in)Cargo behind rear seats** (cu ft)Max cargo w/ seats folded*** (cu ft)
Lucid Gravity198.287.265.221.3111.9
Tesla Model Y (2-row)188.683.863.930.272.1
Tesla Model X (5-seat)199.189.466.137.185.1
Subaru Outback (2-row)191.98266.132.675.6
Polestar 3 (2-row)192.983.564.021.149.8


** Gravity: behind 3rd row; others behind 2nd.
*** Some brands include under-floor or frunk space.
 
It's a pity there's no way to edit a post. I wasn't trying to cheat, I was just a bit lazy and had ChatGPT make the table. I've now gone and looked up the other full widths to make a better comparison. Gravity is wider than most (but not by much), and narrower than the Model X.

VehicleLength (in)Width (in)Height (in)Cargo behind rear seats** (cu ft)Max cargo w/ seats folded*** (cu ft)
Lucid Gravity198.287.265.221.3111.9
Tesla Model Y (2-row)188.683.863.930.272.1
Tesla Model X (5-seat)199.189.466.137.185.1
Subaru Outback (2-row)191.98266.132.675.6
Polestar 3 (2-row)192.983.564.021.149.8


** Gravity: behind 3rd row; others behind 2nd.
*** Some brands include under-floor or frunk space.
It’s still comparing Graviry behind 3rd row with others behind 2nd row. Can’t do a real comparison by picking and choosing what to display, it needs to be straight facts or you are misleading the public with the data as most aren’t looking at foot notes.

And no, I didn’t think you were cheating on purpose, just left the data fuzzy.
 
Live in Houston. Seen numerous Air’s but never a Gravity outside of Lucid SC. When I picked up my Gravity last week, SA said there are only about 30 in Houston (they have delivered a lot more for other areas of Texas such as Austin, San Antonio, College Station). So, 3 days later I pass another green Gravity like mine only a mile or so from my house in west Houston. So much for me having the only one in our area.
Birds of a feather
Flock together
 
It’s still comparing Graviry behind 3rd row with others behind 2nd row. Can’t do a real comparison by picking and choosing what to display, it needs to be straight facts or you are misleading the public with the data as most aren’t looking at foot notes.

And no, I didn’t think you were cheating on purpose, just left the data fuzzy.

My intention was to share accurate data, however it's surprising how difficult it appears to get this. I've done a fair amount of digging today and found different numbers reported for pretty much every spec and every vehicle with quite a bit of variance from different online sources. Sadly the manufacturers do not appear to publish all the specs, so it's very hard to say which numbers are correct. Also hard to verify whether cargo volumes are including space under the cargo floor or not.

I think it's safe to say the Lucid Gravity has far more interior volume in relation to exterior size than any other vehicle in its category. The Outback and Polestar 3 are included even though they don't have a 3rd row as it's surprising how they are not much smaller in exterior dimensions but MUCH smaller in interior cargo volume.

So here's a new table, but it's definitely not guaranteed accurate, but has been cross referenced against multiple online sources.

VehicleLength (in)Width w/o mirrors (in)Width w/ mirrors (in)Height (in)Frunk Volume (cu ft)Cargo behind 3rd row (cu ft)Cargo behind 2nd row (cu ft)Max cargo, all rear seats folded (cu ft)
Lucid Gravity (7-seat)198.278.787.265.28.421.056.2111.9
Tesla Model Y (7-seat)187.075.683.863.94.112.826.667.9
Tesla Model X (7-seat)199.178.789.466.16.615.033.881.7
Subaru Outback191.373.082.066.1——32.675.6
Subaru Ascent (3-row)196.876.085.771.6—17.843.575.6
Polestar 3192.977.483.563.51.1—17.149.8
Volvo EX90 (7-seat)198.377.383.268.81.213.637.375.4
Cadillac Escalade IQ (3-row)224.382.494.176.112.223.669.1119.1
Cadillac Vistiq (3-row)205.679.886.771.0—15.243.080.2
Rivian R1S (3-row)200.881.888.477.311.017.648.690.7
 
My intention was to share accurate data, however it's surprising how difficult it appears to get this. I've done a fair amount of digging today and found different numbers reported for pretty much every spec and every vehicle with quite a bit of variance from different online sources. Sadly the manufacturers do not appear to publish all the specs, so it's very hard to say which numbers are correct. Also hard to verify whether cargo volumes are including space under the cargo floor or not.

I think it's safe to say the Lucid Gravity has far more interior volume in relation to exterior size than any other vehicle in its category. The Outback and Polestar 3 are included even though they don't have a 3rd row as it's surprising how they are not much smaller in exterior dimensions but MUCH smaller in interior cargo volume.

So here's a new table, but it's definitely not guaranteed accurate, but has been cross referenced against multiple online sources.

VehicleLength (in)Width w/o mirrors (in)Width w/ mirrors (in)Height (in)Frunk Volume (cu ft)Cargo behind 3rd row (cu ft)Cargo behind 2nd row (cu ft)Max cargo, all rear seats folded (cu ft)
Lucid Gravity (7-seat)198.278.787.265.28.421.056.2111.9
Tesla Model Y (7-seat)187.075.683.863.94.112.826.667.9
Tesla Model X (7-seat)199.178.789.466.16.615.033.881.7
Subaru Outback191.373.082.066.1——32.675.6
Subaru Ascent (3-row)196.876.085.771.6—17.843.575.6
Polestar 3192.977.483.563.51.1—17.149.8
Volvo EX90 (7-seat)198.377.383.268.81.213.637.375.4
Cadillac Escalade IQ (3-row)224.382.494.176.112.223.669.1119.1
Cadillac Vistiq (3-row)205.679.886.771.0—15.243.080.2
Rivian R1S (3-row)200.881.888.477.311.017.648.690.7
might want to add the ICE Land Rover Discovery to that list. it's very close in size and capacity to the Gravity.
 
how is the Gravity in the snow? have you been playing with the different suspension heights at all when it gets deep (which maybe it hasn't yet). :)
Can’t really offer a solid review yet. It handled well and had no slipping on fairly slippery packed snow, but I was driving slow, and did not have an opportunity to test its limits.
 
Back
Top