Gravity Dynamic Interior Lighting

Bdr100

Active Member

Joined
Apr 15, 2025
Messages
901
Reaction score
1,622
Cars
GGT, Merc E450 Conv
I have a new GGT with Tech on 3.3.9. I have the lighting Vibes set to “animated” which is supposed to cause the interior vibe lighting to change in tune to music. In my vehicle this only works in the one Sanctuary Video that I have (kind of cool), but does not do anything at any other time such as when playing other music via Tidal. The led mood lighting just stays constant on whatever “Vibe” you have set. This was supposed to be one of the special perks of opting for the Tech (HUD) package. If it only works in sanctuary mode, practically worthless.
 
I wanted to ask a related question, I also have GGT with Tech and can't be sure what Vibes lighting actually includes, i.e. where are all the lights located?
I can see spot lights inside the middle console, inside foot wells, door pockets and a strip along the roof. Maybe there are additional spots I'm not seeing?
The reason I ask is that when Vibes is set to full brightness (which never saves properly, keeps resetting randomly) the interior of the car is quite dim.
Is it supposed to be dim at full brightness, like an intimate bedroom type vibe, or should it make the interior bright enough to read a book?
I feel like I've seen some Gravity videos where light strips are all over the interior, but I don't see much light inside my car.
I know it's subjective and hard to describe, hopefully my gobbledygook makes sense.
 
I have a new GGT with Tech on 3.3.9. I have the lighting Vibes set to “animated” which is supposed to cause the interior vibe lighting to change in tune to music. In my vehicle this only works in the one Sanctuary Video that I have (kind of cool), but does not do anything at any other time such as when playing other music via Tidal. The led mood lighting just stays constant on whatever “Vibe” you have set. This was supposed to be one of the special perks of opting for the Tech (HUD) package. If it only works in sanctuary mode, practically worthless.
Animated lighting only seems to be active in Sanctuary mode currently. This is all software, of course, so will change in the future.
 
I wanted to ask a related question, I also have GGT with Tech and can't be sure what Vibes lighting actually includes, i.e. where are all the lights located?
I can see spot lights inside the middle console, inside foot wells, door pockets and a strip along the roof. Maybe there are additional spots I'm not seeing?
The reason I ask is that when Vibes is set to full brightness (which never saves properly, keeps resetting randomly) the interior of the car is quite dim.
Is it supposed to be dim at full brightness, like an intimate bedroom type vibe, or should it make the interior bright enough to read a book?
I feel like I've seen some Gravity videos where light strips are all over the interior, but I don't see much light inside my car.
I know it's subjective and hard to describe, hopefully my gobbledygook makes sense.
Tech Package lighting includes a fully-addressable strip that runs across the entire front of the dash. These are turned off when not in park.
 
fully-addressable strip
Maybe they got the wrong address for my car, or I just don't know where to look to see it :rolleyes:
I hope someone can post a picture of what it supposed to look like for comparison.
Is this one of them RTFM type questions?
 
Animated lighting only seems to be active in Sanctuary mode currently. This is all software, of course, so will change in the future.
Thanks. That is what I figured but wanted to make sure I was not doing something wrong in settings or something wrong hardware wise. I’ll be patient on this and not complain for now. Let Lucid focus on reduced black screens and stable fobs. Hopefully in a couple months they will have the black screens and fob issues resolved and can focus on things like this and Halo video/live view, etc.
 
Is the colored light strip only for tech package?
 
Is the colored light strip only for tech package?
The colored light strip along the dash is only in the tech package. Colored lights along door trim and the camera "spine" are standard.
 
The colored light strip along the dash is only in the tech package. Colored lights along door trim and the camera "spine" are standard.
When i tried changing colors in vibes app I can see spot lights inside the middle console, inside foot wells, door pockets and a strip along the roof. I dont see any chnages on the door strip.
 
When i tried changing colors in vibes app I can see spot lights inside the middle console, inside foot wells, door pockets and a strip along the roof. I dont see any chnages on the door strip.
Huh -- going back to the documentation, I guess you are right and I was mistaken.
 
Now I've got a question -- we have a loaner GT without the technology package. It has roof spine, map pocket, and foot well colored lights. It also has a light in the center console cupholder, which... we don't remember in our DE.

Is this:
- a feature for non-technology package vehicles?
- non-functional in our DE?
- a new rev of the center console?
- something else?

IMG_7572.webp
 
Now I've got a question -- we have a loaner GT without the technology package. It has roof spine, map pocket, and foot well colored lights. It also has a light in the center console cupholder, which... we don't remember in our DE.

Is this:
- a feature for non-technology package vehicles?
- non-functional in our DE?
- a new rev of the center console?
- something else?

View attachment 35239
Mines lit up in my DE
 
Now I've got a question -- we have a loaner GT without the technology package. It has roof spine, map pocket, and foot well colored lights. It also has a light in the center console cupholder, which... we don't remember in our DE.

Is this:
- a feature for non-technology package vehicles?
- non-functional in our DE?
- a new rev of the center console?
- something else?

View attachment 35239
Ha, this ended up being related to a different problem I reported -- that the rear driver-side door accent trim lights up slightly the wrong color. My guess was this was a wiring problem, and I guess I was right, just in a different spot that I thought.
 
Back
Top