Gravity DE Nightmare

hlobos

New Member

Joined
Nov 23, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Cars
Lucid Gravity
Received my Gravity DE a couple of weeks ago and so far, it's been nothing short of a disappointment:

- HUD is distorted and I see it double
- HUD lens is causing reflection on the windshield when I look down
- The car does not load the driver profile attached to the FOB key most of the times
- Vehicle shows offline on the Lucid App whenever the car is not conntected to Wifi
- Received multiple alerts about rearstearing being offline
- On multiple occassions, the center screen would not turn on

All this and it's only been a couple of weeks !
 
Those are all... pretty minor issues as things go, other than if the center screen does not turn on at all. You should report them to service, regardless. Sorry to hear you're not satisfied with your experience so far.
 
Also had my first experience with the 34" screen not turning on upon startup. Car was bricked...could not put in gear. Multiple reboots did nothing, dead screen every time. Talked to the service, and they could have had someone come out and likely do a SW rebuild/update later that same day, which is great service. But turns out it fixed itself when the car went to a deep sleep state after about 15-20 minutes. Upon entering the car, and the car waking up, all good - dead screen fixed and fully functional. Just another fun SW issue that likely will be resolved before too long.
 
I just got my Gravity yesterday. I last drove a Rivian and before that, a few different Tesla models. The ride of the Gravity is impressive, but software gremlins definitely plague it. Multiple warnings are popping up regularly that seem false, including some that incapacitate DreamDrive until I do a soft reset. Another issue that's not a bug but a software limitation that they claim will be resolved in a not-too-distant future update is the inability to use your phone as a key. Without the phone as a key option, you're forced to use the key FOB or the key cards. I asked about getting another FOB or card. I was told that either one costs "around $250," and when I asked how soon I could get one, they told me I would have to schedule an appointment, and that the soonest available would be February! Totally ridiculous, but I knew I was getting a beta edition when getting the car, so I grin and bear it, just like I did with my first Tesla and then Rivian, both of which I got very early on and had to be patient as those companies introduced software fixes to address the issues. Hopefully, Lucid takes the software R&D seriously, because that will make or break the company in the end.
 
Back
Top