Gravity CCS1-to-NACS Adapter Failure to Connect for Charging

PyynkBOB

(she/her)
Member

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2022
Messages
36
Reaction score
27
Cars
Air GT, Zenith Red, 19"
My partner has a Gravity that he can successfully and consistently charge at compatible Tesla superchargers. However, each attempt he's made at a Circle K or EvGo, using a Lucid CCS1-to-NACS adapter, gives him a failure to connect message, even after successfully negotiating payment. We're not sure if there's perhaps an issue with the adapter itself, or if it's a user education challenge. Thoughts?
 
I've used EvGo successfully several times on multiple versions of the Gravity software. I'm using the CCS1 to NACS adapter which came with the gravity. I have had some problems with someone nudging the charging cable as they walk by and the charge session stopping (this hasn't happened at a supercharger). So the CCS1 to NACS adapter can be a bit finicky. If I had to bet it would be a ba CCS1 to NACS adapter. See what happens if you use the CCS1 to NACS adapter at a different charging network (say Electrify America) and see what happens. If this fails then it is probably an adapter problem.
 
We just tried it again at a Denny's ChargePoint, after reading the Lucid instructions, and had success. It appears it may have been a user education opportunity. ;-)
 
With the CCS, I’ve found you need to connect the adapter to the cable first. Make sure it clicks. Then plug it into the car.

The AC adapter seems to be fine regardless of which side I plug in first. I think the CCS snapping into place is just harder with that plug.

Glad it’s working for you now.
 
With the CCS, I’ve found you need to connect the adapter to the cable first. Make sure it clicks. Then plug it into the car.

The AC adapter seems to be fine regardless of which side I plug in first. I think the CCS snapping into place is just harder with that plug.

Glad it’s working for you now.
Yes, never an issue with the AC adapter, but a lot of trial and error with the CCS one, probably because of its bulky nature. It kinda bothers me so much that I mostly seek Super Chargers just to avoid dealing with that (I know... first world problems 🙂)
 
Back
Top