Gravity Bugs / Issues

Thanks for posting. We know Lucid is doing #2. Again, is it at the speed folks want? It never will be. I personally don’t care about #1. Some good ideas in there but just focus on the bugs, as they’re doing, and I believe other items can and will come along.

The one other piece here is the service. I agree they do need to keep pushing and scaling here. I also believe it won’t always be this tough - the fit and finish and build quality is fantastic. Much of what I read or hear about Gravity going for service is software related. So, as they’re assess the bugs, SCs will naturally have less traffic (I hope and believe).

Folks suggesting Lucid is “doing nothing” or clueless don’t make sense to me. They’re a public company with a ton of smart people, investors, Board members, etc. They don’t want bad press or reviews. The idea they’re putting their head in the same is absurd. If they could fix the sw bugs with one more patch, they would. It’s clearly in their best interest.

Not defending them but struggling with how people can really believe Lucid is just ignoring issues or unaware.
Not clueless, just took customers for granted and slow to make software improvements. Releasing a vehicle with such software to customers and reviewers was suicidal. They actually were supposed to release the Gravity in 2023, but made a redesign. A year on, they still haven’t fixed software.
 
How about the right pad? I think I've had problems with this one for volume up/down. I guess a steering wheel replacement will fix both.
Yeah, I don't and never had issues with the volume button (unless you're taking about pressing on the lip, which doesn't work at all as these d-pads inexplicably require both the capacitive touch and a physical click to register), so a replacement should fix it. And it's easy to demo the issue to Lucid since you don't need to be driving.
 
The answer is to use the cards to get in if FOB fails… reboot fob by pulling battery and putting it back after pressing one of fpb buttons… key cards should have been setup and tested at delivery by delivery person. The cards read on door pillar for entry and console space designated for them along the right edge of sliding console tray. Lots of info on all this on the forum… rumor is fixes are imminent in next update. Contact delivery person to ensure your cards and FOB are working.
I thought the fob is also a NFC key, and supposedly usable the same way a key card is when its battery is dead. Is that incorrect?
 
What bugs are still seen in 3.3.20? Fob/key card? Speaker phone clarity? Artic blast fixed? Mobile connectivity fixed? Pre-heat car working from phone? Minor phantom idiot lights?
 
I tested the keycard, worked great, you just need to hold it against the NFC B pillar icon maybe a little longer than you’d think, like it’s gotta be pretty flat against it, but then I drove totally fine with no fob anywhere near the car. Artic blast is gone, the high frequency squeal from the HVAC is gone, didn’t get any false alerts, didn’t get any black screens, and inputs on the infotainment menu are in sync with what’s on screen. Definitely a stability improvement thus far. It wiped my sanctuary modes but maybe it’s re-downloading them. My pre-heat from the app has always worked and continues to work fine although the seat heater and steering heater via the phone app don’t always seem to trigger those to turn on in the car but that’s been the case since I’ve had the vehicle.
 
I tested the keycard, worked great, you just need to hold it against the NFC B pillar icon maybe a little longer than you’d think, like it’s gotta be pretty flat against it, but then I drove totally fine with no fob anywhere near the car. Artic blast is gone, the high frequency squeal from the HVAC is gone, didn’t get any false alerts, didn’t get any black screens, and inputs on the infotainment menu are in sync with what’s on screen. Definitely a stability improvement thus far. It wiped my sanctuary modes but maybe it’s re-downloading them. My pre-heat from the app has always worked and continues to work fine although the seat heater and steering heater via the phone app don’t always seem to trigger those to turn on in the car but that’s been the case since I’ve had the vehicle.
This is great.
Had this software version been available at the beginning, Gravity very likely would have been the SUV of the year.
 
Looks like Lucid hasn't made any progress on the issue of vehicle software automatically updating. Woke up this morning to the following notices on my iPhone - vehicle software update is available (4:46am), software update has started (4:46am), software update complete (5:33am). I'm certain that nobody was in the car and both my wife and I were asleep.

IMG_1915.webp
 
Looks like Lucid hasn't made any progress on the issue of vehicle software automatically updating. Woke up this morning to the following notices on my iPhone - vehicle software update is available (4:46am), software update has started (4:46am), software update complete (5:33am). I'm certain that nobody was in the car and both my wife and I were asleep.

View attachment 35102
Maybe you opt in to auto-update of apps on your phone?
 
Maybe you opt in to auto-update of apps on your phone?
I'd second that in terms of checking that. I did push the new update thru this morning when I woke up, and with both my Air and Gravity, I have to manually push any software updates.
 
Has anybody updated their key fob? I haven’t had any issues with my key fob, so I’m very hesitant to update it.

Also, has anybody driven the car yet with 3.3.20? Any feedback?
 
I thought the fob is also a NFC key, and supposedly usable the same way a key card is when its battery is dead. Is that incorrect?
The manual used to say that but in one of the revisions they removed a t.
 
I just updated it, but it really just confirmed that my fob was on the latest firmware version 2.xx. Had not had to do any FOB shaking in the last day for trips.
 
I'd second that in terms of checking that. I did push the new update thru this morning when I woke up, and with both my Air and Gravity, I have to manually push any software updates.
Nope - it’s a known bug and Lucid HQ reached out about it after the previous vehicle software update. I’m not the only one with the issue and last I heard Lucid still wasn’t sure of the cause. I checked in with Lucid this morning and will keep the group updated. It sucks because I’m on edge when I know an update is coming. So far it only stranded my immediate family while we were running an errand downtown (two versions ago the update hit me mid afternoon). When it happens overnight it’s fine. But I really don’t want the car to brick itself for an hour when I’m driving other people (carpool of kids).
 
car’s reverse watching when having a hitch and bike rack sometimes won’t turn off
 
After 3.3.20 install, I can put the car in gear after entry using the key card. When exiting the car I locked the doors via the phone app. Maybe I should have used the key card. Center console not recognizing the key card so happy with this fix.
 
I tested the keycard, worked great, you just need to hold it against the NFC B pillar icon maybe a little longer than you’d think, like it’s gotta be pretty flat against it, but then I drove totally fine with no fob anywhere near the car. Artic blast is gone, the high frequency squeal from the HVAC is gone, didn’t get any false alerts, didn’t get any black screens, and inputs on the infotainment menu are in sync with what’s on screen. Definitely a stability improvement thus far. It wiped my sanctuary modes but maybe it’s re-downloading them. My pre-heat from the app has always worked and continues to work fine although the seat heater and steering heater via the phone app don’t always seem to trigger those to turn on in the car but that’s been the case since I’ve had the vehicle.
HVAC squeak and squeal is alive and well in 3.3.20. Happened to me all day today off and on.
 
HVAC squeak and squeal is alive and well in 3.3.20. Happened to me all day today off and on.
Yes, it's I am convinced its still something related to how they balance when the rear is turned on, if you turn off rear it goes away.
 
HVAC squeak and squeal is alive and well in 3.3.20. Happened to me all day today off and on.
I thought it was the fan speed being to high (artic blast), not a squeak/squeal.
 
Back
Top