- Joined
- Mar 28, 2025
- Messages
- 99
- Reaction score
- 85
- Cars
- 2
I'm intending this to be a complementary thread to the 75mph range thread. For folks like me that do a lot of driving at lower speeds (old New England cow paths, driving town-to-town, mostly flat, etc), I'm curious what folks are getting in efficiency during longer low/medium speed trips?
I have a Model X, and at current ~70F temps, I see a fair share of 200-250 Wh/mi (4.0-5.0 mi/kWH) trips with my all season 20" wheels, even with a bit of AC use (often just the front row.. rear AC uses a noticeable amount more). I assume Gravity would be close to that with the smaller (20/21") wheels, civilized acceleration, and no one in the rear rows, though haven't tested that yet in a test drive.
What are folks noticing for efficiency, for drives that don't include highways?
I have a Model X, and at current ~70F temps, I see a fair share of 200-250 Wh/mi (4.0-5.0 mi/kWH) trips with my all season 20" wheels, even with a bit of AC use (often just the front row.. rear AC uses a noticeable amount more). I assume Gravity would be close to that with the smaller (20/21") wheels, civilized acceleration, and no one in the rear rows, though haven't tested that yet in a test drive.
What are folks noticing for efficiency, for drives that don't include highways?