Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Well done! Excellent choice with the 20" wheels.

After 11 months, took delivery of my AGT.

AGT
Quantum Grey / Stealth
20" Aero Lite Stealth Wheels
Tahoe Interior

Order Date: 2022--08-26
VIN: 2023-04-15
Delivery: 2023-06-30

Delivery process was pretty smooth and quick at the Millbrae, CA location. Didn't feel hurried as I went through my checklists, though they were delivering a couple dozen cars there that day. Some small detailing stuff dealt with on-site, but otherwise, passed my checklist inside and out. A couple weeks of time between order and delivery was on me, as I ended up taking advantage of the new financing deals.

Must say, wasn't 100% sure about the color combo until I saw it in person, but the grey + stealth looks really sharp, there's a lot of depth to body color ... taking it for my first drives, gotten quite a few compliments. Will write up more detailed thoughts later, but 200 miles in, very happy with the car.

What an amazing combo. Looks absolutely stellar. Congratulations.

After 11 months, took delivery of my AGT.

AGT
Quantum Grey / Stealth
20" Aero Lite Stealth Wheels
Tahoe Interior

Order Date: 2022--08-26
VIN: 2023-04-15
Delivery: 2023-06-30

Delivery process was pretty smooth and quick at the Millbrae, CA location. Didn't feel hurried as I went through my checklists, though they were delivering a couple dozen cars there that day. Some small detailing stuff dealt with on-site, but otherwise, passed my checklist inside and out. A couple weeks of time between order and delivery was on me, as I ended up taking advantage of the new financing deals.

Must say, wasn't 100% sure about the color combo until I saw it in person, but the grey + stealth looks really sharp, there's a lot of depth to body color ... taking it for my first drives, gotten quite a few compliments. Will write up more detailed thoughts later, but 200 miles in, very happy with the car.
Congratulations - it’s a beautiful car! Do you think that the 11 months of delay was mostly due to the Stealth option? They started delivering Stealth in March, and I received my black AGT Stealth (which I ordered in late December ‘22) in mid-April, so I find the additional delay surprising, given the messaging from HQ about their low sales/production numbers.

billvb: yeah, the long lead time was almost entirely the stealth option. VIN was assigned in mid-April, so delivery mid-May was likely possible... from there it was all on me, not Lucid. But it still got in under the wire to count as a Q2 delivery, so did my part there I guess.

Honestly, some fixable nitpicks about the user interfaces (seriously, we should be able to run different apps on the cockpit display and pilot panel!) but overall love the car. For a very spacious touring EV, the suspension and steering feedback are just excellent.

Comparison points are pretty clear...
Tesla S Plaid: AGT Interior quality and handling are both far ahead of the Model S.
EQS: the AGT's ride and handling are much better than the EQS and, while it's subjective, I really prefer the aesthetic of the Air. Oh, and there's no headroom in back.
Taycan: somehow manages to be both physically bigger and so cramped inside that I can't ask adults to ride in back (not to mention, it's slower ;-)

billvb: yeah, the long lead time was almost entirely the stealth option. VIN was assigned in mid-April, so delivery mid-May was likely possible... from there it was all on me, not Lucid. But it still got in under the wire to count as a Q2 delivery, so did my part there I guess.

Honestly, some fixable nitpicks about the user interfaces (seriously, we should be able to run different apps on the cockpit display and pilot panel!) but overall love the car. For a very spacious touring EV, the suspension and steering feedback are just excellent.

Comparison points are pretty clear...
Tesla S Plaid: AGT Interior quality and handling are both far ahead of the Model S.
EQS: the AGT's ride and handling are much better than the EQS and, while it's subjective, I really prefer the aesthetic of the Air. Oh, and there's no headroom in back.
Taycan: somehow manages to be both physically bigger and so cramped inside that I can't ask adults to ride in back (not to mention, it's slower ;-)
Agree, Lucid beats EQS and Taycan, once word gets out and software niggles are improved, should sell many more cars. Been a while since the last software update. I'm suspecting a big one coming. Maybe next allows to use different app in pilot panel.

I am extremely happy with Ironclad and highly recommend them. Mario was awesome and provided great service. It took four days for all the work and I had PPF and ceramic coating applied to the entire car and all the windows tinted. I also thought his price was very good. It was significantly less expensive than the quote I got from a shop near my home in Tennessee. Mario also provides a white glove acceptance service. He has a thread on this forum, just search for Ironclad. He started offering this after I had already accepted my car.
Hello @BruceH

Beautiful car! I ended up getting the same color. Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but do you mind answering the following questions:
1. Did you tint the glass canopy in addition to the windows?
2. What percentage(s) of tinting did you go with?

I’m thinking of making the drive down from Tampa, FL to have Ironclad do the work.

Thank you!

Hello @BruceH

Beautiful car! I ended up getting the same color. Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but do you mind answering the following questions:

I’m thinking of making the drive down from Tampa, FL to have Ironclad do the work.

Thank you!
Oh wow I forgot this thread existed!

BTW, Ironclad is very good, but @mylucidmiami is also a GREAT installer and a supporting forum vendor! They actually have a Lucid air for their shop car, so I would think they could do a very good install. Check them out if you have a chance!

Hello @BruceH

Thank you!
I was seriously thinking about tinting the front windshield and canopy but hesitated because I like the clear view out. I was glad when the mesh sunshades came along from Lucid. They are very nicely made, fit well, solve the entire hot sun problem (which we have a lot of here in San Diego), and are reasonably priced. I recommend you try them first and see if you’re happy before committing to the expense and permanent change of tinting.

Hello @BruceH

Thank you!

Yes, I did. 30%. BUT…

Get the mesh shade first from Lucid shop. I feel that mesh shade shield more heat than windows tint.

Yes, I did. 30%. BUT…

Get the mesh shade first from Lucid shop. I feel that mesh shade shield more heat than windows tint.

This has been my experience too. I spent over $1000 to have the windshield, roof, windows and the rear windshield tinted, here in Southern California. I sang the tint job’s praises at the time, crowing to anyone who would listen (@Bobby being one), about how much cooler the car was when driving under direct sunlight.

I overstated my case. A few months ago I bought the roof shades, all three panels. My verdict - those three mesh panels do a far better job of keeping the car shaded and cool, than even the most expensive, “heat blocking” tint job.

Note: regarding @Bobby’s concern about outward clarity being diminished after tinting - in my experience this hasn’t been the case. Often I completely forget that my front windshield was ever tinted at all.

Hello @BruceH

Thank you!
Hi @ItsElectric,

I did a full PPF wrap, full ceramic coating and nano-ceramic window tint on all of the windows, including the glass canopy.

I live in Tennessee so followed the Tennessee tint laws which say 70% of the light must come in through the front window and 35% of the light must come in through all other windows.

I also bought the Lucid mesh sunshades and highly recommend them. Super easy to install and really cut down on the heat while still letting light in and giving an open feeling.

Ironclad is good, but agree with others that there are many excellent vendors. You can probably find one closer with a little research. I chose Ironclad because my car was delivered to Riviera Beach and I had Ironclad do the work before the car was shipped to Tennessee.

Good luck!

Back