GPS not functioning

JJ_5

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
QRE7OA2S
We were in Tahoe Monday night. When we were getting ready to leave, I thought I would check the phone app for a nearby charging site and send the directions to the car. When I did, I noticed the app said the car was at GPS coordinates -0.0000,-0.0000. As we drove to the Bay Area, the car's map kept our fix at Tahoe, even after a reset. When we got to San Francisco I called Customer Service. They thought the newest update might fix it, so they pushed me 1.2.20, but the problem remained—the car's navigation still has our location in Tahoe. We're waiting for a call from Millbrae service now.
In reading through some of the threads I did see one other person had this problem with an earlier system version. Has anyone else had a problem like this recently?

Since getting 1.2.19 I noticed it’s a little laggy and thought my car is a couple streets over but then it corrected after driving for a minute.

Since getting 1.2.19 I noticed it’s a little laggy and thought my car is a couple streets over but then it corrected after driving for a minute.
My clock was like that in Utah. It kept defaulting to the Pacific time zone, but after I drove it for a while it would switch to Mountain.

Recently, mine would occasionally show me across town and/or the wrong time but would correct itself after driving.

We were in Tahoe Monday night. When we were getting ready to leave, I thought I would check the phone app for a nearby charging site and send the directions to the car. When I did, I noticed the app said the car was at GPS coordinates -0.0000,-0.0000. As we drove to the Bay Area, the car's map kept our fix at Tahoe, even after a reset. When we got to San Francisco I called Customer Service. They thought the newest update might fix it, so they pushed me 1.2.20, but the problem remained—the car's navigation still has our location in Tahoe. We're waiting for a call from Millbrae service now.
In reading through some of the threads I did see one other person had this problem with an earlier system version. Has anyone else had a problem like this recently?
I picked up my GT last Wednesday. The nav app fails intermittently to pinpoint my location, showing that I am several yards off the road I'm traveling. For example when I was driving north on I-75 it showed that I was in a neighborhood and kept recalculating and telling me to turn left, then turn right, then recalculating. I notified the rep and he said someone would be contacting me but that's been almost a week. Is anyone else experienced GPS glitches and are there work around?

Mine has the exact same issue. Taking into Millbrae service center today. They want to take a look.

I picked up my GT last Wednesday. The nav app fails intermittently to pinpoint my location, showing that I am several yards off the road I'm traveling. For example when I was driving north on I-75 it showed that I was in a neighborhood and kept recalculating and telling me to turn left, then turn right, then recalculating. I notified the rep and he said someone would be contacting me but that's been almost a week. Is anyone else experienced GPS glitches and are there work around?
This is similar to what mine was doing last weekend. I just stopped using the Nav. I think it corrected itself, so I am waiting to see if I need to report it. I, and you for that matter, are too far away from a Service Center to just "drop by". I also don't really like making the tech drop by for something that fixes itself unless it proves to be recurring.

Customer Service in Millbrae solved the problem quickly this morning. My car is no longer in the South Atlantic.

This is similar to what mine was doing last weekend. I just stopped using the Nav. I think it corrected itself, so I am waiting to see if I need to report it. I, and you for that matter, are too far away from a Service Center to just "drop by". I also don't really like making the tech drop by for something that fixes itself unless it proves to be recurring.
I reported my Nav frustrations to my SEA SC and waiting to hear back. Meanwhile I don't use it at all & rely on Google Maps with BT connected. (I gave up on Tiday & Spotify as well, since every friggin' time the playlist starts from the first song. Even if I'm gone for 10 minutes. AW, that is a diff' topic.)

My issue was: During a nav, I took a left instead of right; and throughout the entire trip, ~30 miles, it was re-routing & re-calculating; till I got home & it was still doing that $hit. Worthless nav experience.

So I use BT for Maps & Music.

I just reported this same thing today. I don’t use the nav all that often but noticed yesterday that my car was stuck in a time warp back to last week. Location was stuck at the detailing shop where I picked it up last Friday. Have driven nearly 200 miles since then.

Service tech is coming by tomorrow to have a look, I’ll report back after that.

I just reported this same thing today. I don’t use the nav all that often but noticed yesterday that my car was stuck in a time warp back to last week. Location was stuck at the detailing shop where I picked it up last Friday. Have driven nearly 200 miles since then.

Service tech is coming by tomorrow to have a look, I’ll report back after that.
All fixed, needed hard reset of communications module. Am told one of these recent sw upgrades should prevent this going forward

I just had the same issue today. Everything was fine until I needed to use the Navigation to get to an address in MA. Although there was a route plotted (with a stop added) from my home in NH to MA destination, the turn-by-turn kept telling me how to get out of my driveway and the arrow locator never moved. I tried several reboots with no resolution. The car was left in MA for a couple days today, but when I opened the app this evening, it shows -0..0000, -0.0000 with an arrow to the upper right, but the map graphic show it still in my driveway. I'll contact Customer Service this evening - they already have a list growing for a visit in the near future.

This is something that cannot be reset virtually? TIA.

Just got a call back from Customer Service (that was quick!) that the Detailing business is closer to their techs than my house, so they will see about going there to work on the Navigation system before I pick up the car early Friday afternoon, and if the other parts are in and it is not disruptive to the process, they will try to do as much of the service as possible before I pick up the car.

I just had the same issue today. Everything was fine until I needed to use the Navigation to get to an address in MA. Although there was a route plotted (with a stop added) from my home in NH to MA destination, the turn-by-turn kept telling me how to get out of my driveway and the arrow locator never moved. I tried several reboots with no resolution. The car was left in MA for a couple days today, but when I opened the app this evening, it shows -0..0000, -0.0000 with an arrow to the upper right, but the map graphic show it still in my driveway. I'll contact Customer Service this evening - they already have a list growing for a visit in the near future.

This is something that cannot be reset virtually? TIA.
No, requires a cable to be unplugged behind the rear seat for a few minutes, then reconnected and rebooted

This one needs no explanation !! Lucid flying over the Atlantic Ocean on approach to FLL for a landing. And yes! both the pilot and copilot touched the re-center several times.

Attachments

• Lucid Fly over the Atlantic .jpg
    Lucid Fly over the Atlantic .jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 115
My car lost its GPS fix again last week, but after a day, it started working again and it has been fine since then. However, on our drive from CA to UT the car changed from Pacific to Mountain time in the middle of Nevada, hundreds of miles from where the time zone changes. I set it back to Pacific manually several times, but as soon as I turned on AutoSet it changed to Mountain.

Back