GPS interrupts Music app

menodude

Cars
Lucid air touring
After the last software update, using navigation with Prime music playing in the background, has been an issue,
Everytime the navigation voice kicks in, it skips the current song and the navigation sentence is not complete.
Is this a known issue? Fixed in the next update?

After the last software update, using navigation with Prime music playing in the background, has been an issue,
Everytime the navigation voice kicks in, it skips the current song and the navigation sentence is not complete.
Is this a known issue? Fixed in the next update?
Known issue but I cannot say when it will be fixed. Email customer care, the more people that note it to them the higher priority it will get.

I have an intermittent issue where SXM cuts out, nav or no nav. So in my case not nav related. I’ll get a prompt saying ‘An issue was encountered’ or ‘No internet connection’. At times it will come back 5 minutes later on its own. I haven’t bothered with a reboot as other audio, such as FM, is available until the XM returns. I’m sure it also affects Tidal.

I have an intermittent issue where SXM cuts out, nav or no nav. So in my case not nav related. I’ll get a prompt saying ‘An issue was encountered’ or ‘No internet connection’. At times it will come back 5 minutes later on its own. I haven’t bothered with a reboot as other audio, such as FM, is available until the XM returns. I’m sure it also affects Tidal.
Happens all the time to me, too. Lousy ATT coverage where I live.

Yes, this is happening to me too. I never use the built in nav, but I happened to last week. Voice directions, cause audio playback on FM to stop. I have to restart audio playback. I also find that if I ask Alexa to play something on Amazon Music, then decide to use CarPlay SXM, the SXM audio will cause switch back to built in Alexa Amazon Music app and a song to be skipped. There's definitely a priority issue happening here.

This bug forces me to turn off nav as soon as I am in familiar territory. Because Android Auto is not available, I don’t have a workaround for it other than to either not listen to any audio channel or rely on my rusty navigation instincts. Perhaps I’ll learn to use paper maps again.

Just turn off nav volume, EZ PZ!

Just turn off nav volume, EZ PZ!
Yea, unfortunately, that setting doesn't persist and you have to shut if off each time. For the ONE time I used it recently, I actually wanted the nav volume as I was traveling in a very unfamiliar area. I'll continue to use Waze for my normal use cases.

Back