Got another now in my Pirelli Tire

grtlooks

Cars
lucid touring
This is the third puncture in my new Pirelli tire however unfortunately, this time they do not have any replacement tire until Tuesday. We are out of town so we have to put four new tires and they are putting BridgeStone 19 inch all weather tires. I hope that's okay? , so freaking frustrated! Have lucid touring.

This is the third puncture in my new Pirelli tire however unfortunately, this time they do not have any replacement tire until Tuesday. We are out of town so we have to put four new tires and they are putting BridgeStone 19 inch all weather tires. I hope that's okay? , so freaking frustrated! Have lucid touring.
So yours are 19s? What caused the puncture?

So yours are 19s? What caused the puncture?
The original puncture there was a bolt and a screw in the tire, which they fixed but then when they try to put the tire back on the wheel the side Rim just split

Attachments

• 20230820_153054.jpg
    20230820_153054.jpg
    958.8 KB · Views: 88
And yes, they are 19 in all weather, pirelli's but now they are going to be 19 in Bridgestone all weather
Sounds like a good plan, but it’s hard to fault a tire brand for a nail puncture.

And yes, they are 19 in all weather, pirelli's but now they are going to be 19 in Bridgestone all weather
Are those rated to take the weight of the vehicle?

The original puncture there was a bolt and a screw in the tire, which they fixed but then when they try to put the tire back on the wheel the side Rim just split
I'm not faulting Pirelli for the pucture just for the slit when they tried to put the tire back on the wheel. I don't think the tire should have split like that. That split had nothing to do with the pucture.

Bridgestone Driveguard AS in 245/45-19 is XL-rated.

Welp, Tirerack says it's OK for the Air, and that's all the research I'm doing.

I have some 19s for sale in classified section

so the paperwork says that they are 245/45 R 19. On the top of the paperwork it says, size L EV/hybrid. do I need to get a different tire. I have 90 days to switch them out if they don't work.
Which Bridgestone tires are they? Did you replace all 4 or just the damaged tire?

I'm not faulting Pirelli for the pucture just for the slit when they tried to put the tire back on the wheel. I don't think the tire should have split like that. That split had nothing to do with the pucture.
In my experience, I have seen that split too many times. It comes from the tech not using enough or ANY Ru-Glyde on the tire bead while remounting. The mounting bar generates too much friction when stretching the dry bead and pulls/ tears the sidewall. Common with remounting older tires, as the original form release agent has dried out. That's my guess. Lazy tech.

I heard back from Lucid, they said they were fine, might be a bit noiser but that should by the only issue. Thanks for all the feed back and help.
Remember, with ICE cars, we have an engine and exhaust to drown out tire noise. Tire Rack test reviews always discuss real world tire noise - very helpful. Lower Noise and rolling resistance will be the key to better BEV tires, as well as finding a way to make them wear longer.

Back