GM Expanding Plug and Charge

HC_79

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
2023 Lucid Air GT
Referral Code
AWNJLGKT

It would be good to see Lucid work with at least EVGo and ChargePoint to enable Plug and Charge on top of EA. If GM is doing it then hopefully we can see more added to the Lucid in the near future.

I assume that some time in the future all brands of EV’s will be able to charge at any brand station on the same account….

It shouldn't be too hard because all the billing already goes through Lucid. I'll add it to the feedback thread!

Nissan provided this multi-network billing capability off the Nissan account itself. You got a card/RFID with a list of affiliated charging networks, and you just had to "add" them onto your Nissan card to tie them for billing - good for free charging for all of them for 2 years - and you customized it with the networks which were in your area.

It would be good to see Lucid work with at least EVGo and ChargePoint to enable Plug and Charge on top of EA. If GM is doing it then hopefully we can see more added to the Lucid in the near future.
Perhaps Chargepoint, although they are mostly level 2 chargers. EVgo's DCFC stations are pretty low - only 50kw so I would not stop there with a Lucid unless that was the only other option. I don't think I have ever pulled more than about 32 kw on an EVgo charger with the Leaf.

Perhaps Chargepoint, although they are mostly level 2 chargers. EVgo's DCFC stations are pretty low - only 50kw so I would not stop there with a Lucid unless that was the only other option. I don't think I have ever pulled more than about 32 kw on an EVgo charger with the Leaf.
I got 150kW on an EVGo north of San Diego in our Volvo. They're not as sad as Chargepoint.

I got 150kW on an EVGo north of San Diego in our Volvo. They're not as sad as Chargepoint.
Really? I had not seen a 150kw one. I liked EVgo for the Leaf when we had the free charging. Haven't used it since that expired as we always charge at home now and we never drive the Leaf on trips.

EVGo has been doing a number of 100Kw and 150Kw chargers lately which is good to see.

EVGo has been doing a number of 100Kw and 150Kw chargers lately which is good to see.
Yes, but there is no way to easily see these chargers from the EVGo site. You have to use PlugShare and filter for >50 to find them. Was disappointed to only find a handful of them in OC/Riverside area (none of which are convenient). Will have to use 50kW locations when I get my Debut Edition Lyriq (hopefully s000000n)!

Back