GM delays another major EV initiative after pushing back electric Silverado, GMC Sierra

Not easy for GM now with labor cost constraint.

This is really bad. Atleast it is a good thing the equinox ev is not delayed as it seems like a very good cheap ev.

I would want it as a first car due to tax credit, how good/fast enough it is, and the gvwr is >6000(if you know what I mean).

Taking off road in California blows Cruise and had its CEO resigned.

It seems that Toyota's approach might have looked too conservative a year ago but brilliant now - especially if they come to the party with next generation battery tech. Not sure that autonomous cars is going to be the game changer that Musk used to tout either.

I'd bet that APPL is going to do better with Vision Pro at making their market than the companies betting on autonomous cars.

It seems that Toyota's approach might have looked too conservative a year ago but brilliant now - especially if they come to the party with next generation battery tech. Not sure that autonomous cars is going to be the game changer that Musk used to tout either.

I'd bet that APPL is going to do better with Vision Pro at making their market than the companies betting on autonomous cars.

I highly anticipate Apple Vision Pro. It will be a disruptive communication device.

I highly anticipate Apple Vision Pro. It will be a disruptive communication device.
I think like most Apple gadgets, Vision will start off slow with early adopters. Tech pundits will declare it a “flop.” And six years later, it’ll be a Fortune 100 business on its own.

I think like most Apple gadgets, Vision will start off slow with early adopters. Tech pundits will declare it a “flop.” And six years later, it’ll be a Fortune 100 business on its own.
I see the vision pro as phenomenal value unlike others. You get a iphone, a 1 tb mac mini, a literal studio display, airpods max, AND apple tv all in one. I could say apple watch but I wont for the sake of this.

If you added the prices of those things together, it would be about 4.1k. Lets assume you are a sane person and don't wear it in public(wouldnt blame you) so take off the iphone for a total of about 3.3k.

The vision pro is 3500 and has ar added to all those products. 200 dollars for an ar headset?

I still remember the days of following the iPhone X on my pathetic hp chromebook in third grade via tomsguide, looking at people declaring it a flop. I found it hilarious as there's no going back now. What are people going to do, not buy a new iphone?

Yeah, check out how the 15s are selling.

It keeps getting worse for GM...

Guess why they are doing a 10 billion dollar share buyback? So they go bankkrupt, takes taxpayers money and instead of keeping the money for a rainy day, they do a share buy back. Union demands, EV pushed back, poor sales and go bankrupt again. Cycle repeats. Taxpayers paying for unions unreasonable demands!

^^^^ Agreed that unions have outlived their usefulness.

@Tesla2.0 - cannot wait to see the Vision Pro completely disrupt in the enterprise space. I've got friends in my sector (Eyecare) ready to implement the Vision Pro for so many applications.

Training, tech support, education, emergency / remote surgery, research and more can benefit. I'll probably be an early adopter for the Vision Pro because I'm a nerd but I don't really see it as an instant hit for private use.

For enterprise my guess is that there won't be nearly enough of the little OLEDoS displays to meet demand.

^^^^ Agreed that unions have outlived their usefulness.

@Tesla2.0 - cannot wait to see the Vision Pro completely disrupt in the enterprise space. I've got friends in my sector (Eyecare) ready to implement the Vision Pro for so many applications.

Training, tech support, education, emergency / remote surgery, research and more can benefit. I'll probably be an early adopter for the Vision Pro because I'm a nerd but I don't really see it as an instant hit for private use.

For enterprise my guess is that there won't be nearly enough of the little OLEDoS displays to meet demand.
Unions when their manufacturing workers make more than some software engineers: Nooo we still deserve more!

If other jobs don’t increase their pay to keep with inflation like the unions whine about, then why should the unions get a pay increase? I actually felt sorry for the big three in the uaw strikes.

Let’s try and keep the politics out of this, okay? Stick to the topic of GM and their EVs

Back