Glass roof material question

steveairgt

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Hi
For those of you who have taken delivery, is the glass roof actually solid glass?

The reason I ask is that I saw a video yesterday where they were saying that the “glass” roof really isn’t glass and that it is some type of material that gives a little.

The guy was pushing his finger into the material.

Is this true?
Thanks

It’s glass. Three pieces - windshield (hood to middle of car), back seat (from middle of car to the silver trim), and rear window.

It’s interesting why this YouTuber who isn’t a Luvid fan, by the way, showed a flexible roof. I’ll look for the video again and I’ll post it here so you can see.

I found it. Go to the 2:30 mark.

Keep in mind this guy is not a Lucid fan. It’s interesting that most of the comments criticize his review.

I see that the glass has a fixed wave in it, and the camera (phone) moves when he presses on the glass, moving the phone with respect to the wave's position, so it looks like the glass moves. Glass like this is made of three layers - two outer layers of shaped glass bonded to an inner layer of plastic, which holds the glass together in the event of an impact.

I found it. Go to the 2:30 mark.

Keep in mind this guy is not a Lucid fan. It’s interesting that most of the comments criticize his review.
He is a hater and Tesla fan boy. Ignore him.

Back