Glare from physical temp control buttons

ISOI

i have a glass roof and today I noticed that when the sun is at the right angle there is a very very strong glare/reflection from the physical temp control buttons above the pilot display ( on either side of the volume control ). Has anyone else observed this and any recommendations on how to reduce or eliminate it ? Thanks

This has been discussed many times on the forum. Try the search, you might find some pointers.

Polarized sunglasses make a big difference.

Yes I found those threads - I meant I didn’t find any solutions ….

I get this glare from both the HVAC controls and the center screen. Don't think the shades will help as I have a metal roof.

I have a metal roof and have the flare from the temp controls :)

i have a glass roof and today I noticed that when the sun is at the right angle there is a very very strong glare/reflection from the physical temp control buttons above the pilot display ( on either side of the volume control ). Has anyone else observed this and any recommendations on how to reduce or eliminate it ? Thanks
Ran into it this morning. Wondering if I can take some matte protective film and wrap it around the buttons.

I made a long strip of thin cardboard to serve as a little cover for the panel, and it looks awesome in my fancy little car 😬. I have polarized Ray-bans and still can't tolerate the glare without the cover. It is a very poor design and I hope they resolve it in future editions of cars.

This isn't something that has ever bothered me, but maybe if you ask nicely our laser-cutting hero @TWRAPS can make some nice looking matte films to cut the glare on those buttons?

Back