Frunk won't respond if left open.

Canyonero!

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid, Rivian, Genesis GV
With my SUV, I would leave the tailgate open overnight. I would open it after parking, get my stuff out, then the next morning, put it in and close. Never had any issues. The light would turn off after a while and not kill the battery and it was in a garage, so no animals got in.

Tried to do the same with my frunk, but the next morning, it was totally unresponsive. I tried the button in the frunk, the button on the left side of glass cockpit, and the phone app.

Nothing worked. So I just manually closed it and moved on.

Anyone else experience this?

Throwing darts at a wall here, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was like.. the car going to sleep while the frunk is open, hence causing it to become unresponsive. I'm not sure if they accounted for this scenario where when the car wakes up the next day, the frunk is in an "open" state so it tries to "open" but it can't since its technically open?

With my SUV, I would leave the tailgate open overnight. I would open it after parking, get my stuff out, then the next morning, put it in and close. Never had any issues. The light would turn off after a while and not kill the battery and it was in a garage, so no animals got in.

Tried to do the same with my frunk, but the next morning, it was totally unresponsive. I tried the button in the frunk, the button on the left side of glass cockpit, and the phone app.

Nothing worked. So I just manually closed it and moved on.

Anyone else experience this?
This is by design. Whether that's a good design choice or not is open to debate, but it is working properly.

This is by design. Whether that's a good design choice or not is open to debate, but it is working properly.
Yup, known "feature". There is something on the order of a 15 minute limit before it gets tired of waiting and tells you to just close it yourself.
This is just one of the many mysteries of the universe.

Back