Frunk won’t open

NLH

Member

Joined
Jan 8, 2025
Messages
48
Reaction score
11
Cars
Lucid Air Touring 2025
I used the frunk very little but today I needed to place a box with some groceries, including lamb chops, into it and was able to do so opening and closing it using my mobile app. However, when I got home and tried to open it, it would not do so. It opens about an inch or two and then slams shut. I pressed down on it manually to try to be sure that the two latches are engaged and it sounds like they are but it still won’t open. I tried the cancel button plus microphone plus parking brake software reboot and that did not solve the problem either. I’ve also tried to open it using the key fob and get the same behavior. Looking at the narrow gap opening between the end of the frunk and car body it does seem like it is not equal all the way around. I guess this means that it may be misaligned. Any other suggestions I can try? If it is misaligned, is that something that the mobile service can fix or am I going to need to take it into a service center?
 
I think mobile service can fix the frunk alignment issues at home now.
 
Glad I have the Pure. If it does not fully unlatch I just pull lightly on the bonnet (using the light vents) while repressing the release.
 
Problem solved. It turns out that the frunk cover must have been interfering with the latch mechanism. After repeated attempts to open the frunk with the key fob, it must have jiggled the cover enough to allow things to work and it now opens and closes perfectly.
 
Back
Top