Frunk sticks while trying to open.

Charley

Cars
RivianR1T, Sapphire
DE Number
Trying to open Frunk and it lifts maybe 3/4" then stops. After 3 tries it opens. Something snags. Curious how they will fix it. Coming here Thursday to replace a thin piece of weatherstrip above the trunk.

6AE09474-8916-483E-B39E-6D4D63DE7650.jpeg

They will replace your frunk latches.

Coming here Thursday to replace a thin piece of weatherstrip above the trunk.

You are the fourth poster on this forum to have this problem, although on the trunk lid instead of the frunk in the earlier incidences. When was your car delivered? I would have thought Lucid would have long since addressed this problem at the factory . . . .

I had this same problem with the front hood catching on the trim piece. After repeated attemts to remotly open the frunk, it decide to open with a load crack noise. The trim piece had poped out and was cracked a bit. The crack was not really that visible, but one of the snap/hook latch pieces underneath had broken off. I was able to put the trim piece back on by flexing it so the outer latch would tuck under:

428F456D-1167-46DC-A439-82081F64F921.jpeg

After that I couldnt figure out why it would catch, because there was plenty of space – this may be due to the latch underneath forcing the piece too close to the hood. I had just wrapped the entire car including that trim piece. Lucid Service came up with an idea after they replaced the trim piece: They recommended that the wrap not wrap around, but stay 1" from the end. We compromised and kept the wrap about ¼" from the end. The original wrap actually was not wrapped around but cut to the edge of the trim piece, so it could not have been the cause of this problem. As you can see from the picture below, there is "plenty" of space from the hood to the trim piece.

Trim Piece wrapped.jpg

Guy came out to replace trunk weatherstrip and also adjusted the front trim piece that the corners of the hood were catching on. It had put tiny chips in the paint. I said just send me some touch up paint. Still love the car.

Attachments

• BD735BE9-9326-4805-8F8A-5C5C559C4D0D.jpeg
    BD735BE9-9326-4805-8F8A-5C5C559C4D0D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 97
Back