Free Tuxmats: anyone live near Scarborough, Toronto?

DeaneG

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT, XC40 P8 EV
Referral Code
3OKY7YGA
IMO Tuxmats makes some of the nicest all-weather auto floor mats available. Their website now says they would like to offer a free set of mats to anyone who could bring their Air GT in for laser scanning. Tuxmat's offices are located in Scarborough, Toronto. Anyone live nearby?

I wrote Tuxmat and they replied that they scanned an Air about 10 days ago and that development is in process. Their website hasn't been updated to reflect this.

"Thank you for your interest in TuxMat. Mats for the 2022 Lucid Air are in the early stages of development and will be released in the next few months. We don't have a more specific ETA yet. ...Scans were taken of the Lucid Air about 10 days ago. Development is underway!"

We followed the same process for Tuxmats for our Volvo XC40 EV - Scan, Wait, Yay.

I hope that they accommodate for difference in backseat footwell in the Touring.
I wrote them to make sure they are aware. They'll need a Touring or Pure car to scan for that.

Did they actually end up shipping the GT mats?
It seems to be out of stock and unavailable...

Did they actually end up shipping the GT mats?
It seems to be out of stock and unavailable...
Yes, They're nice. Maybe email customer service and get on a waitlist?

Attachments

• Maxpider front.jpg
    Maxpider front.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 115
Yes, They're nice. Maybe email customer service and get on a waitlist?
Sorry, should have been more specific, I was referring to the TuxMats.
I prefer the extended coverage they provide over the 3d Maxspider, had both for our X7 and ended up leaving the TuxMats in the car.

Sorry, should have been more specific, I was referring to the TuxMats.
I prefer the extended coverage they provide over the 3d Maxspider, had both for our X7 and ended up leaving the TuxMats in the car.
Oops, brain glitch. In general I prefer tuxmats too, but with the Santa Cruz interior I wanted to get some kind of coverage as soon as I could.

For those that have owned tuxmat, how easy are they to take out for cleaning and put back in with their clip system?

For those that have owned tuxmat, how easy are they to take out for cleaning and put back in with their clip system?
Is easy but is also time consuming

I just wipe them down with a damp cloth while in the car. It's been enough so far - 2 years.

Back