Force Navigation to Show Turn-by Turn in Center Cockpit Panel

fisheral

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
2024 Lucid Air Touring
Referral Code
6K1F9IPW
Does anyone know how to force the navigation to show upcoming turn-by-turn directions in the center cockpit panel? Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems inconsistent as to when they actually show up. I've tried various combinations of settings and even minimizing the navigation on the pilot panel with no success.

Does anyone know how to force the navigation to show upcoming turn-by-turn directions in the center cockpit panel? Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems inconsistent as to when they actually show up. I've tried various combinations of settings and even minimizing the navigation on the pilot panel with no success.
If you use Lucid nav and then switch to any other app it will show up.

On 2.4.* it will also do it using Apple Maps on CarPlay.

If you use Lucid nav and then switch to any other app it will show up.

On 2.4.* it will also do it using Apple Maps on CarPlay.
Can you force it to stay on the screen even when going back to the nav app?

It does. Yours doesn't? Take a picture.
If you're using nav on the right glass cockpit/pilot panel, the nav directions disappear from the center glass cockpit. It's only there if you're not using nav on the right side.

If you're using nav on the right glass cockpit/pilot panel, the nav directions disappear from the center glass cockpit. It's only there if you're not using nav on the right side.
Interesting. With CarPlay it shows in both spots now.

Interesting. With CarPlay it shows in both spots now.
Mainly because carplay doesn't bother telling the car what it's displaying. So there would be no way to implement that.
Can you force it to stay on the screen even when going back to the nav app?
No, I think they did it to reduce redundancy and clutter.

Mainly because carplay doesn't bother telling the car what it's displaying. So there would be no way to implement that.
S: it does show in both spots with 2.4.x

S: it does show in both spots with 2.4.x
If I understand correctly, you're saying that with 2.4.x the behavior is as follows:
1 - Carplay nav shows always in the center dash regardless of what screen is chosen on infotainment.
2- Native nav doesn't show in the center dash if you launch the native app in infotainment (same behavior as before)

If that is correct, I was just explaining that it's not possible for them to make Carplay behave the same as native because of an Apple limitation :) It's a totally unnecessary side comment, haha.

If I understand correctly, you're saying that with 2.4.x the behavior is as follows:
1 - Carplay nav shows always in the center dash regardless of what screen is chosen on infotainment.
2- Native nav doesn't show in the center dash if you launch the native app in infotainment (same behavior as before)

If that is correct, I was just explaining that it's not possible for them to make Carplay behave the same as native because of an Apple limitation :) It's a totally unnecessary side comment, haha.
1. Yes
2. Yes

Back