• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

FOB battery

Chandi23

Verified Owner
Cars
Touring
My first battery in the fob lasted a month. The next one, a duracell battery, lasted 3 days. When I called Lucid customer service, they told me to check if the battery had a bitter coating and if it did, it would not make proper contact. The new battery that I had put in had bitter coating. Has anyone experienced/or aware of this? Thanks.

I have tried several battery brands, and most only last 1-2 days even when not in use is in a Faraday pouch. My wife's fob battery lasts about a month.
What is exactly a bitter coating?

First thing you do is give your new button cell batteries to a child and see if they eat it. If they do, it doesn't have a coating.

You can extend your fob battery life by leaving them in the packaging and using the mobile key app on your phone.

My first battery in the fob lasted a month. The next one, a duracell battery, lasted 3 days. When I called Lucid customer service, they told me to check if the battery had a bitter coating and if it did, it would not make proper contact. The new battery that I had put in had bitter coating. Has anyone experienced/or aware of this? Thanks.

My battery is now going on 8 months, no problems.

My battery is now going on 8 months, no problems.
Same. More than 5 months here. Still my original batteries. Whatever Lucid shipped mine with.

I've had to change batteries 3 times since December.
Each fob is in separate Faraday boxes, but sharing with the EQS fob.
@hydbob has mentioned in passing that fobs talk to each other and shouldn't be in the same place, so I wonder if the Lucid fob and the EQS fob interact with each other.
That fobs talk to each other is already weird, and now the thought of cross-species interactions is even more unusual.

Back