Florida Road Trip

Daniel2022AT

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
1,344 miles from Milwaukee to Tampa/St. Pete.

1. EA charging has been flawless. Typical charging session starts at about 170kw. A 50 kWh recharge averages about 95-100 kw for the session. I used PlugShare to plan ahead.

2. The best EA station of all time so far is in St. Pete FL. It is at an actual nice shopping mall w/ food court etc. 6 350kw chargers. I started pulling at 208 kw. Otherwise, we are getting to know Wal-Mart pretty well.

3. I found efficiency drops radically at temps over 95F. I usually get 4.2 mi/kWh at home with 75-80F temps. In Florida it was difficult to get over 3.3 driving 76 mph at 96-98F ambient temp.

4. AC worked like a charm even with 96-98F temps and the glass canopy roof.

5. My Nav system completely conked out. Have a tech service guy coming out to help get it restored upon return. Partially lost my wife’s confidence in Lucid with that one. Thankfully we have google maps but that is embarrassing.

6. I purchased the DD Premium 2 days before the trip. It was working fine, but on the trip, DDPre failed as well. It seems like turning on DDPre made my system unstable.

7. Generally, aside from the Nav system crash, the most relaxing smooth riding luxurious road trip of all time.

DDPre is just the camera suite, correct? I have found the cameras on mine to occasionally stop working. So far, at least, a reset of the car has restored their functionality. That is turning it off and waiting a few minutes before restarting. But since the Nav system is out too, there is probably something else going on.

1,344 miles from Milwaukee to Tampa/St. Pete.

1. EA charging has been flawless. Typical charging session starts at about 170kw. A 50 kWh recharge averages about 95-100 kw for the session. I used PlugShare to plan ahead.

2. The best EA station of all time so far is in St. Pete FL. It is at an actual nice shopping mall w/ food court etc. 6 350kw chargers. I started pulling at 208 kw. Otherwise, we are getting to know Wal-Mart pretty well.

3. I found efficiency drops radically at temps over 95F. I usually get 4.2 mi/kWh at home with 75-80F temps. In Florida it was difficult to get over 3.3 driving 76 mph at 96-98F ambient temp.

4. AC worked like a charm even with 96-98F temps and the glass canopy roof.

5. My Nav system completely conked out. Have a tech service guy coming out to help get it restored upon return. Partially lost my wife’s confidence in Lucid with that one. Thankfully we have google maps but that is embarrassing.

6. I purchased the DD Premium 2 days before the trip. It was working fine, but on the trip, DDPre failed as well. It seems like turning on DDPre made my system unstable.

7. Generally, aside from the Nav system crash, the most relaxing smooth riding luxurious road trip of all time.

I tried again a soft reset this morning. This time it worked and everything is functional.

Back