Fisker Q4 report: ‘Substantial doubt’ it can continue, seeks investment from ‘large automaker’

It was no brained from the start.

People could (and do) paint the same picture for Lucid. I haven’t spent enough time paying attention to what Fisker have been up to, but I hope for their customers that it’s not as bad as it looks from the outside.

People could (and do) paint the same picture for Lucid. I haven’t spent enough time paying attention to what Fisker have been up to, but I hope for their customers that it’s not as bad as it looks from the outside.
They lack a well funded backer. Rivian has Amazon, Lucid in a better position than either Rivian or Fisker with PIF backing. Also, Lucid has a tech advantage unlike Rivian which doesn’t. Lucid can also sell its technology through partnerships. You cannot compare Fisker to Lucid.

They lack a well funded backer. Rivian has Amazon, Lucid in a better position than either Rivian or Fisker with PIF backing. Also, Lucid has a tech advantage unlike Rivian which doesn’t. Lucid can also sell its technology through partnerships. You cannot compare Fisker to Lucid.
Yeah some of those partnerships are reputable like Aston Martin and F1 with Formula E

I saw my first Fisker today at the EA in NH. Except for my charging experience, it was a comedy of errors. Someone in a Nissan was waiting for EA to troubleshoot a non-functioning CHAdeMO station, parked his car in a CCS space, and went into the Mall for lunch. The car was there when I arrived, and I snagged an open 350 kW station to top up on the way home from CT. A Fisker pulled up and was stymied, so I told him to go ahead and block me in (as well as the vacant Nissan), since I'd be there about 30 minutes. I checked out the car and it seemed roomy. He and his wife loved how the car drove, but he was less impressed with its software as well as the range being nowhere near what he expected. He said he had checked out the Lucid Air, but he wanted an SUV and regretted not waiting for the Gravity. There was a good chance he'd be bailing on the Fisker to go for the Gravity once it's out. Meanwhile, the car parked in the slot next to mine managed to hit my rear wheel well (thankfully, the rubber bumper, so I could just wipe off the blackening) when it left, and the Nissan driver came back and sat in his car going nowhere. I asked if he had a problem and needed help, and that's when I found out he was going to just stay parked in the spot "till he heard from EA" because the Fisker was blocking him in (the driver was sitting in his car). Totally clueless person, even when I suggested he move his car to a regular parking space - or at least to the now-open CCS/CHAdeMO station. The Fisker moved to the now-empty slot next to mine and I drove away - with the Nissan guy still sitting in his car listening to music in the CCS-only slot. I'm at a loss.

Yea, not good. The unfortunately thing is that the base mechanicals seem OK (built by Magna), but software is still a work in progress.

Back